Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Ereader that networks with pc over wi fi?

Hi,

Not totally sure where I should put this as I was just wondering if this is possible. I have the PRS 505 and I love it but I was thinking with all these ereaders that are getting wifi now will it be possible to network the reader with my pc so I can browse my pc ebook library folder and then copy over wirelessly the books to the reader?

If there are readers out there that do this which ones are they?
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Calibre's Content Server can export the books in calibre as a web page, or you can set this up yourself.

So far as I know any ebook device with a web browser will work. This includes the Kindles (via 3G), the Onyx Boox 60/Bebook Neo, and the Nook with an add-on browser.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
There are probably some homebrews that allow that, but I'm not too familiar with your model.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
As far as i know the PocketBook 302 should do this job.

I will try for you as soon i am able to manage a wlan and bluetooth connection (ill post tomorrow)
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote