Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You can upload them to the MR Wiki site too... You just need to create a login to do this. As you upload files you can get the link the Wiki assign it and insert it as an image in your message.

BOb
I created an Album here hoping I could embed it in the message, but it didn't allow it.....no biggy, I'll just stick with uploading directly from my computer.

Your right by the way, I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about firmware upgrades for previous models.....it's been awhile, did they have any updates for the PRS-500 models when 505 was released, or when it got ITS firmware updates?
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
I created an Album here hoping I could embed it in the message, but it didn't allow it.....no biggy, I'll just stick with uploading directly from my computer.
you can either attach them (as you did in the first post) and then click on the attachment button again, that will allow you to insert the images into your post, or from your album you can copy the url of the image (right click on the full-size image if you're not using IE) and then embed that link using the "insert image" button. that way is not as good though because unless i'm mistaken, photos on your member profile (including albums) won't be visible to anyone not logged in. so best just to attach them. the regular attachment system should work fine.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Beautiful pics. These make the 600 look much better than previous pictures posted. Karma sent.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #19
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh, congratulations !! and thank you for the photos !!! i'm quite jealous. i wouldn't have been able to wait to unbox it either.

the screen really does look very good, that's encouraging.

i particularly like the welcome screen, translated into 4 languages, including french.

let us know how you like it, when you've had a chance to play around with it !!
The french translatation is a bit weird when I compare it with the original english welcome sentence...

Anyway, the screen seems largely better thant the 700

And I really think the pouch is a bad accessory, it will not really protect the device...

Last edited by Godzil; 08-25-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #20
MobileTechReview
eBook Reader Junkie
MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
If you own that 505 in your comparison shot, you can "borrow" it's cover and put it on the 600. I did that and it fits fine.
MobileTechReview is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #21
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileTechReview View Post
If you own that 505 in your comparison shot, you can "borrow" it's cover and put it on the 600. I did that and it fits fine.
Great Video you did You are correct, fits perfect, only thing is I am selling my 505. What I would ultimately like to have is the cover that came with the 700, that was a nice premium one.

And a special thanks to everyone for the nice words, more will be posted
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #22
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Thanks for the pics. I keep going back and forth whether I want to get the 600. Your pictures are tilting it more towards buy! You find it a lot better than the 700? I returned a 700 because of clearity & glare issues.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #23
MobileTechReview
eBook Reader Junkie
MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Yes, I find it much better than the PRS-700 which I too returned (kept my 505). I'd say the PRS-600 is a keeper.
MobileTechReview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #24
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Just watched your video. Looks lots better than the 700.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #25
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Thanks for posting the pix. The screen comes off looking significantly better than I had been led to believe from earlier posts. I had just about decided to wait until the next generation, but this looks pretty tempting!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #26
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
DougFNJ

I posted you some karma, great commitment to the community unboxing and snapping pix in the car before you even got the thing home. You are a MR-warrior and I appreciate you sharing your new toy with us.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #27
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Thanks for posting the pix. The screen comes off looking significantly better than I had been led to believe from earlier posts. I had just about decided to wait until the next generation, but this looks pretty tempting!
It is. It's like I said before, I went to take a look at it at my local SonyStyle store and I thought the screen looked better then good.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #28
jaytrade
jaytrade began at the beginning.

Device: none
i was wondering how does it handle PDF files? The 600 will probably be my first reader (if i like what i see when i go to the Sony store on Monday when the offical release happens). i would love to cement my decision if i can get an answer on this question. My understanding from scanning thousands of comments here is that this is the biggest problem with most middle to low range devices.
jaytrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #29
lev
Zealot
lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytrade View Post
i was wondering how does it handle PDF files? The 600 will probably be my first reader (if i like what i see when i go to the Sony store on Monday when the offical release happens). i would love to cement my decision if i can get an answer on this question. My understanding from scanning thousands of comments here is that this is the biggest problem with most middle to low range devices.
watch the video review here. there is a short demo of the pdf zoom
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...0&Number=34238
lev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #30
jaytrade
jaytrade began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lev View Post
watch the video review here. there is a short demo of the pdf zoom
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...0&Number=34238
wow, very impressive overall. I would love to see it do a PDF in regular mode as opposed to landscape mode, but i would bet that i will have my first ebook reader by Monday when i check it out in person.

thank you for the link
jaytrade is offline   Reply With Quote