Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
This month's $1 Orbit ebook

Is "Empress" by Karen Miller, and is already up on Sony for download

I read her earlier series and I really enjoyed it. I'll be snagging this one for sure
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Nothing at Amazon or Fictionwise yet, but it's $.90 for the Lit or PDF at Books On Board already.

This is a trilogy and the other two books The Riven Kingdom & The Hammer of God are also available as ebooks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Nothing at Amazon or Fictionwise yet, but it's $.90 for the Lit or PDF at Books On Board already.

This is a trilogy and the other two books The Riven Kingdom & The Hammer of God are also available as ebooks.
So far, all of the Orbit books are the first in a series. Brilliant move on their part. I still haven't read Way of Shadows, but the 2nd and 3rd in that series did extremely well after that promotion, and I'm sure the same will happen here. This is exactly how promotions should work, IMO.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
So far, all of the Orbit books are the first in a series.
Well the Brent Weeks book was, but AFAIK the Iain Banks book wasn't. I do agree though that they're doing it the "right" way.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
pcmedic
Enthusiast
pcmedic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks. I snagged this one. Next on my to read list.

David S.
pcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Well the Brent Weeks book was, but AFAIK the Iain Banks book wasn't. I do agree though that they're doing it the "right" way.
Oh it wasn't? My mistake, I thought it was.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:30 AM   #7
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Aaarghh, I am going to have to show extraordinary restraint not to buy it because my reading queue doesn't seem to be budging over the last few months. I read a few then another few new ones suddenly appear on it
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Aaarghh, I am going to have to show extraordinary restraint not to buy it because my reading queue doesn't seem to be budging over the last few months. I read a few then another few new ones suddenly appear on it
i have the same problem. i should probably unsubscribe from the BoB / fictionwise "special ultra-low price 400% refund promo two days only buy buy buy !!" emails too, they're not helping my self-restraint.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

You guys are chicken Come on...you know you wanna buy it....
Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
The mobipocket version is full price on BoB!! I guess I could buy the msreader version and then use ConvertLIT GUI...

Anyway, I'm more looking forward for April's Winterbirth.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
I got it for a buck on Amazon today!http://www.amazon.com/Empress/dp/B00...5929278&sr=1-1
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i have the same problem. i should probably unsubscribe from the BoB / fictionwise "special ultra-low price 400% refund promo two days only buy buy buy !!" emails too, they're not helping my self-restraint.
Getting this sales every three days is exactly all the motivation I need to NOT buy. Because I know it 3 days I will get another email with another sale.

So, my 3 pages of unread books on my Kindle really need to be read before I buy any more.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #13
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Three pages! I am in awe of your self control. Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Three pages! I am in awe of your self control. Debra
Thanks. I guess. But, considering I only read about a book a week, if that. 3 pages is a long time worth of reading for me.

However, I will be buying the March MRBC selection soon to read.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
dschill
Connoisseur
dschill began at the beginning.

Device: none
Nice n cheap just how i like it
dschill is offline   Reply With Quote