Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Double you pleasure

How hard would it be to combine two paperwhites? An external frame holding the two side by side, and software manging them both as a book? Frame should have the capability to "close" the book, having the two screens face each other, thus protectd during travel?

For this I WOULD switch from my KDXG!
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
hmmm... probably would be heavy though...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
As this would imply very serious changes to the user interface logic of the proprietary, closed-source reader software, I'd say: rather hard.

It's certainly a matter of taste, thus not really worth discussing, but personally I find the newly gained possibilities of such an approach negligible compared with the things that get worse: availability of covers, weight, price, ...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinatbezeq View Post
How hard would it be to combine two paperwhites? An external frame holding the two side by side, and software manging them both as a book? Frame should have the capability to "close" the book, having the two screens face each other, thus protectd during travel?

For this I WOULD switch from my KDXG!
ASUS proposed it three years ago, you might be able to find a "used" one, real cheap:
http://www.ifra.net/blogs/posts/2009...reader-players

I don't recall hearing that the device was ever produced or moved beyond the concept stage.

Last edited by knc1; 10-10-2012 at 07:10 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
*cough*

MASHUP http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/l...how-up-at-ifa/

PATENT: http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/30/a...e-e-ink-and-l/

And while I have my tin hat on...

JUST FOR KICKS: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/09/a...ggling-system/ No really?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
OK, possibly not a good idea. I'm so frustrated by the lack of Kindle DX Paper white...
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinatbezeq View Post
OK, possibly not a good idea. I'm so frustrated by the lack of Kindle DX Paper white...
You might want to follow geekmaster's project to put 64 of them in an 8x8 grid on his wall.

If he can get one of them to divide up the page 64 different ways (passing 63 of the parts to the other devices);
Then your splitting the image into 2 parts should be simple.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
My latest batch of K3s just arrived hours ago, and it has many fewer working eink screens than the previous batch.

To get an 8x8 grid, I will have to mix screens between models.

Surprisingly, I discovered that the K3 and K5 use the same eink connector, so at some point I need to try a K5 screen in a K3 (or vice versa).

I certainly plan to make it look better than these eink walls:
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/11/a-full-wall-of/
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote