Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #256
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Started using WiFi File Explorer Pro...great little app for .99c...It works just fine...last night while trying it out, connect, reconnect, move a file...my son tells me his xbox 360 has lost its' internet connect 3 times...hmmm the number of times I've just connected to wifi pro...I shut it down again and he reconnects...both devices using the same port I'd guess...

I just tried it while my son had his Xbox 360 online and it didn't kick it offline. Maybe it was an IP conflict. Home routers aren't always perfect and sometimes (although extremely rare) it can happen.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #257
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Probably more an IP conflict than the port.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #258
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
where did you see it on AZ? I checked but nothing in my search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's up at Amazon now but not mark compatible with
Fire. Maybe it will be later once it's reviewed. I've noticed a few apps that were mark just this week compatible.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #259
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

So most likely they wont add the Fire to the list of compatible devices eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You first need a device that is compatible. It will either come with the Market or you can sideload it. On Colby Tablets you don't need to root at all to add the Market. The Fire needs to rooted to add the Market then you unroot it.

Once you have the Market you add your Google account and it sets up the rest for you.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #260
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
where did you see it on AZ? I checked but nothing in my search.
It's here
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #261
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
Are you able to stream from your plex library on your Pc? I want to get this set up but am stymied until i receive a replaced/refurbished external drive back from a manufacturer... lost 2tb worth of plex library on a bum drive :<

Let me know some particulars...!
Yes it streams from the Plex Server on your pc.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #262
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Dropbox has been updated to version 2.0. It's not a major upgrade, but there are a few interface changes like the addition of tabs, and it seems to work fine on the Fire. The apk is available directly from Dropbox here.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #263
salsaguy
Addict

Got the new dropbox. Looks cool but not as intuitive as I'd like.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #264
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Dropbox has been updated to version 2.0. It's not a major upgrade, but there are a few interface changes like the addition of tabs, and it seems to work fine on the Fire. The apk is available directly from Dropbox here.
Wow alot of features we needed!
Here's a list of what's new.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #265
salsaguy
Addict

Just found calengoo for only $4 here. Not sure if its the latest ver...Blossom?

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...droid/CalenGoo

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-23-2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #266
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Just found calengoo for only $4 here. Not sure if its the latest ger...Blossom?

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...droid/CalenGoo
It seems the site is down at the moment.

I got mine on sale for 2.99 at Amazon but it's back to $5.99 again. Keep an eye on it though it goes on sale quite a bit.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #267
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Dropbox was always a must have app but this version is beautiful. They have finally allowed us to download, now export, the files to where we need them to go. Thanks for the link.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #268
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
Dropbox was always a must have app but this version is beautiful. They have finally allowed us to download, now export, the files to where we need them to go. Thanks for the link.
It deletes your dropbox folders on your device so be sure to back them up if anything on there you need before installing the new version. Don't ask me how I know.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #269
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Odd, I just noticed the same thing. I use dropbox to sync my bookmarks and I just had to update the bookmark link. The downloaded now go to
file:///mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/scratch/bookmark.htm
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #270
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
Odd, I just noticed the same thing. I use dropbox to sync my bookmarks and I just had to update the bookmark link. The downloaded now go to
file:///mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/scratch/bookmark.htm
Thank you! I found my missing files at the path specified. *phew*