Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
mattst
Enthusiast
mattst began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Code which creates recipe feed xhtml?

The way Calibre formats the code for the display of .mobi pages from recipe feeds is excellent. In particular the navigation method is superb, the 'Sections and Articles' page with the feeds list on the left and article list on the right is outstanding design. So to is the way (on my Kindle) pressing the next or previous page buttons scrolls the articles list of the currently selected feed, leaving the feed list in place. When viewing any article page the permanency of the 'View Sections & Articles' link at the bottom is also excellent design. I also very much like the professional looking solid black underline bar which denotes the currently selected link, instead of the more usual hand pointer icon.

I am currently formatting some mobi books from a collection of wikipedia pages (and a few others). I would like to use a similar interface. I have been looking through the Calibre source code to find the xhtml (or such like) which Calibre uses as a template to format the feeds from recipes, but have been unable to find it.

Can someone point me to the right file(s) in the Calibre source code please?

Also if anyone has the xhtml and other files used to create a recipe feed mobi file as an example then I would appreciate it a lot.

Many, many thanks. Best wishes, etc.
mattst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
What you're looking for doesn't exist. The formatting you're referring to is a product of the Kindle itself. When it detects a MOBI that is of the periodical type it automatically displays the file in that way. It's actually overriding the formatting in the file itself.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
mattst
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. user_none, appreciated.

Is there any way I can examine the (presumably temp) files which ebook-convert creates in order to build the .mobi file from the recipe it's been given? That way I can examine the xhtml/html and see how I can recreate it for my own purposes.

Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Have a look at this for information on the topic.

You can run a conversion from the command line and use the debug(?) flag to output all intermediate stages of a conversion.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
mattst
Enthusiast

Thanks again user_none.

Cheers.
Advert

Tags
feed, recipe, source code