Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #76
andinho
Enthusiast
andinho began at the beginning.

Device: Fujitsu Siemens Stylistic 5011D, PocketLoox 720, Sony PRS 505
Hi all,

I don't want to stress you but am I the only one that gets the following?

Officescan throws a virus/malware in zip Bookdesigner2007-07-30.zip
files clit.exe and clit12a.exe
PAK_Generic.001

I didn't see any hint in this thread.

Thanks
Andreas
andinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:09 AM   #77
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Probably a false positive.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I run AVG Free and I've never gotten a hit on any part of Book Designer. It is a false positive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #79
andinho
Enthusiast

Hopefully a false positive
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/fr/v...AK_Generic.001
Antivir at home doesn't see any problem, Trend Micro does
Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #80
andinho
Enthusiast

Oh, my answer is gone. Here again: hopefully false positive
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/fr/v...AK_Generic.001
Antivir is ok with the file
Advert
Old 12-05-2007, 08:03 AM   #81
andinho
Enthusiast

3rd attempt to answer, strange: It's Trend Micro, AntiV_r is ok
Old 12-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #82
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As a new MR member, if you post messages with links in them, those messages get automatically moderated. This will stop after you've posted a few more messages.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #83
Pdrpdr
Pdrpdr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm new to Book Designer and Sony Reader (I finally got it yesterday from a relative that travelled to USA). I've some books made using BD (not by me) and it looks absolutely perfect on the reader. So, I'm trying to doit by myself from PDF files.

The program works very good with spanish characters, but I cant find a way to auto-detect test in italic. Is there a way to autodetect it or Must i edit it manually?

Thanks.
Pdrpdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #84
anlor
anlor began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Spanish characters

I can´t seem to get any spanish characters (acentos, ñ or otherwise) can someone tell me if I have to do anything special?
Thanks
anlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #85
Pdrpdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlor View Post
I can´t seem to get any spanish characters (acentos, ñ or otherwise) can someone tell me if I have to do anything special?
Thanks
Yes, you have to choose "Español" as the language :P (configuration\settings\)

That worked fine for me, but it doesnt recognize italic fonts
Old 12-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #86
Pdrpdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdrpdr View Post
I'm new to Book Designer and Sony Reader (I finally got it yesterday from a relative that travelled to USA). I've some books made using BD (not by me) and it looks absolutely perfect on the reader. So, I'm trying to doit by myself from PDF files.

The program works very good with spanish characters, but I cant find a way to auto-detect test in italic. Is there a way to autodetect it or Must i edit it manually?

Thanks.
I finally found a way... copied all the .pdf to a word document, then saved it as .rtf and after that i opened it with book designer... this time it recognized the italics. :dçD
Old 12-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #87
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdrpdr View Post
I finally found a way... copied all the .pdf to a word document

How did you do it?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Once you have Book Designer installed, do not forget to go get the Book Cleaner files to help in loading in your content.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11649
Old 12-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #89
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Once you have Book Designer installed, do not forget to go get the Book Cleaner files to help in loading in your content.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11649
What is a purpose of BC?

I am using BD all the time but I nver used bc before.
Why would I need it?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Well... Book Cleaner fixes some issues when loading content. Em dashes ar ethe biggest issue. I don't like to find someone's created a book and posted it here with no em dahses. It's a pet peeve. There are also some instances where Book Designer will split a paragraph and that's been fixed. European angled quotes have just been fixed as well.

Tags
bookdesigner