Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Does any device support multi-level TOC's?

I'm currently reading a book on my Opus that has a multi-level TOC. It works fine in ADE on a PC, but on the Opus you only get the top level. Just wondering if any other other readers that do ePub support multi-level TOC's or if maybe that's a limitation of the ADE SDK or something.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm currently reading a book on my Opus that has a multi-level TOC. It works fine in ADE on a PC, but on the Opus you only get the top level.
It doesn't work on the Opus? My, that's atrocious!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The BeBook Mini supports it without problem.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I'm currently reading a book on my Opus that has a multi-level TOC.
What is the book?

In the alternative, can anyone recommend an ebook from the ePub download section with a multi-level TOC? That way we would have a consistent test case for multi-level TOCs on different devices.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
What is the book?
It's Flashforward, this months bookclub book. However it's an ePub I made myself, from a Mobi file, using Calibre and Sigil. Maybe I made it wrong somehow? I'm still pretty new to doing ePubs.

The book is set up into 3 'Books' and then those Books have chapters so the Book number is the first level and the chapters are the second level.

It shows up in ADE (Windows) as the 3 books with little plus signs you click on to expand to show the chapters. (see pics)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	37030   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	37031  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Multi Level Headers

My Astak Pocket Pro will do multilevel headings. It's from a file I prepared myself. I just loaded pictures up in the Astak Thread.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gulliver's Travels has a multilevel TOC.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
My Astak Pocket Pro will do multilevel headings. It's from a file I prepared myself. I just loaded pictures up in the Astak Thread.

AJ
That's a PDF right?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Gulliver's Travels has a multilevel TOC.
Just tried it. That one doesn't work on the Opus either. Unless there's some trick I don't know about.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
That's a PDF right?
Yes, a pdf I'm preparing in my Word Perfect wordprocessor.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
The BeBook Mini supports it without problem.
All of the Jinke devices and clones for the V3 and V5 support this.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sony Readers (except the 500) support multi-level ToC with ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

So it looks like the Opus is the only one not supporting them unless it's operator error on my end (I started a thread in the device area to see if others with the Opus have the same issue or I'm just doing something wrong). Hmm...

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-07-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #14
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

I think I've read some devices cannot access an element in the TOC if it has children, they can open the tree and access the children, but not the link referenced by the element itself. Maybe the Opus is the opposite case: it can acces the element but not open its tree.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #15
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Here's a test case you could try...

There should be the following linkable items in the TOC (although the book text is just "Dummy"!)
- Prologue
- Hayden
- - Chapter 1
- - Chapter 2
- - Chapter 17
- Coleman
- - Chapter 18/19/20
- Genesis Dawn
- - Chapter 21/22
- Oasis
- - Chapter 23/24
- Afterword

Where the "- " items are level 1 & the "- - " items are level 2
Attached Files
File Type: epub The_Example - Unknown.epub (16.7 KB, 412 views)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote