Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
LA_reader
LA_reader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper white
Calibre will not upload books

Calibre (latest version) on Windows 10 just stopped uploading books. It has worked oerfectly for a long time and now just stopped uploading. Is this a version bug, do I have too many books? Any ideas on how to fix this?
LA_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Uploading to where?

Maybe try running in debug mode and posting the resulting log might help us learn what is happening.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Dinky Toyz
Dinky Toyz began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
I suspect the OP means that (s)he can't add files to existing books in Calibre. If that is the acse I just got the same problem myself.

I add an empty book, or choose an existing book.
I try to add files to it with "Add books"->"Add files to selected book record".
I get the normal file dialog, select one or more files and klick "open".
The file dialog closes but nothing else happens.

To isolate the problem I tried with a nearly empty library as well as my normal library.

I restarted in debug mode, did the above a couple of times, but the debug log doesn't contain much. The complete log is below.

(Is there a way to get more info in the debug log?)

---
calibre Debug log
calibre 2.57.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && DOC Input && Fantastic Fiction Adults && Quality Check && Beam Ebooks && Embed Comic Metadata && Goodreads && Comicvine && Extract ISBN && Resize Cover && Count Pages && KoboBooks && FictionDB && Barnes & Noble && Modify ePub && Generate Cover && Skoob && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata && Obok DeDRM && Fantastic Fiction && Goodreads Sync && Webscription
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 obok::utilities.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 obok::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 obok::config.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 obok::action_err.py - loading translations
HttpHelper::__init__: proxy=None
Started up in 8.46 seconds with 3 books
---

Regards
/Jonas
Dinky Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:52 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Works fine for me (on Linux)...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Can you DROP a (proper) file into the bookk details (or metadata formats area)?

That is another way to update formats
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #6
Dinky Toyz
Dinky Toyz began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
The problem seems to have fixed itself today, which makes me suspect that the cause is not in Calibre. I didn't try dropping while the problem was till there, so I've no idea if that would have worked or not.

I did try adding books, both single files and directories with multiple formats, and that worked while "Add files to selected book records" didn't.

Hopefully the problem fixed itself for the OP as well.
Dinky Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote