Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-19-2016, 06:33 AM   #1
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
Differences between books - Color of markers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Differences between books.png
Views:	271
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	148760
Differences between books Markers poorly visible

Can I change the color of markers and where?
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
From within the Editor Edit - Preferences - Editor settings Then look at the 'Color scheme' item (3rd from top).

You can select a different built-in scheme from the drop-down menu or you can just edit the one you're currently using with the 'Create edit custom color schemes' button.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #3
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Very sophisticated, for this we love calibre.

Unfortunately I coundn't find what I am looking for.

EDIT: More than 1 hour experimenting with 'Create edit custom color schemes', (nearly) every possible color settings changed - without result, this means no change of the markers color.

Last edited by chaot; 05-19-2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: add EDIT
Old 05-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm not totally sure of what all the items in 'Create/edit custom color schemes' are, either.

I don't use 'marking' myself. You could try selecting a completely different base Color scheme to see if it has a better contrast for marking.

You weren't planning on doing anything else for the rest of the day, were you?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:09 PM   #5
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum

Quote:
I don't use 'marking' myself.
Oh, could it be that we talk at cross purposes. It's Edit book→F&R and Replace all→Differences between books, that marks the replacements (and the markings).

Quote:
You could try selecting a completely different base Color scheme to see if it has a better contrast for marking.
I already come up with that idea - result negative, this means: same poor visibility all over.
  • pyte-light (automatic)
  • solarized-dark
  • solarized-light
  • solarized-x-dark
  • solarized-x-light
  • wombat-dark

I tried color theme wombat-dark

Name:	Differences between books (wombat-dark).png
Views:	226
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	148776
Differences between books (wombat-dark)

only for the reason here exists only 3 colors blue.

Name:	Create_edit custom theme.png
Views:	226
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	148777
Create/edit custom theme

which I changed drastically

Name:	DiffReplace(contrast colors).png
Views:	199
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	148778
DiffReplace Contrast colors

The wombat-dark experiments have shown it is DiffReplaceReplace / Background.

Name:	DiffReplaceReplace_Background_yellow.png
Views:	197
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	148782
Color theme pyte-light DiffReplaceReplace / Background yellow

That was a pretty time consuming exercise - could end up totally frustrating, if it had turned out that the spezific color for replacements-markings in Differences between books is immutable.

Quote:
You weren't planning on doing anything else for the rest of the day, were you?
Now I continue with what I was planning for the ...

Anyway, very much

Last edited by chaot; 05-19-2016 at 01:19 PM.