Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-12-2016, 05:36 AM   #61
melovesflying
Groupie
melovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
I did it though and it still didn't work. I'm waiting for NiLuJe's reply to my update on it before doing a factory reset if need be.
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:59 AM   #62
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I would advise against a factory reset after a jailbreak unless it's really necessary. It doesn't sound like you're at that point yet.

Oh - and did you follow the jailbreak instruction's in the first post of Branch Delay's thread? How were they? Was anything unclear/need tweaking?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:51 AM   #63
melovesflying
Groupie
melovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Oh - and did you follow the jailbreak instruction's in the first post of Branch Delay's thread? How were they? Was anything unclear/need tweaking?
I'm a newbie at jailbreaking anything so I decided not to do a reset until necessary. There were times that my curiosity got the better of me when tinkering stuff and I don't want that to complicate my jailbreaking problem even more.

On the steps, I did, actually (hoping I did it correctly). Jailbreaking was a success and I got the Launcher working okay. But I'm stuck at installing Python in preparation for LibrarianSync.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:52 AM   #64
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask questions about Jailbreaking in the Dev sub-forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #65
melovesflying
Groupie

Anyway, I finally got nearly everything to work thanks to NiLuJe.

Just curious though, how do you migrate from one kindle to another, i.e. just transfer the entire documents folder to the new Kindle? I'm used to the backup and restore function of the Kobo Utilities plugin so I was wondering if simply copying the folder would work in Kindle. My concern in particular is transferring the reading positions and highlights.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #66
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Copying the whole folder will work.

Amazon-purchased books will sync automatically, but not sideloaded non-Amazon-purchases. The reading position/highlights are stored in the *.sdr folder next to each ebook file, so transferring those with the book itself will preserve all ancillary information.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:16 PM   #67
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Be aware that any DRM protected books will not function when copied to another device. They are locked to your device, not your account.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:54 PM   #68
melovesflying
Groupie

Thanks everyone! 3 days in and I'm loving my Kindle