Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:42 AM   #2836
rayh
rayh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle latest Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheBookworm View Post

Please goto http://www.heraldsun.com.au/help/rss and tell me which feeds you would like and I will work on it for you.

I will do the breaking news feed for now and await your reply.

Edit: I went ahead and done the whole thing. I commented out the AFL teams and you can pick whichever one you like.
Thanks a million, I will download it & try it out

Ray
Old 09-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #2837
cyberdyne
cyberdyne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/feed.ashx?l=7199

Many, many thanks in advance.
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #2838
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheBookworm View Post
Starson17,
I need your help on this one if you gotta minute. ...alright I got it working but i'm confused on this. In previous feeds I have done i enter the feed address and it gets the link and uses it as the title and then the content that is listed under it parses part of it and uses it as a description. Well in this feed here the content is all on the feed page so it doesn't go to the actual link. In the code above I was assuming that it went to the links one by one inside the feed. I was trying to strip the content that the link showed.
So my question to you is, what determines if it uses the feed main page content (the one that has all the links on it) or if it navigates to each link? I hope you understand what I'm asking if not i will try to explain myself better.
this code here works cause for whatever reason the links on the feed page are not followed. but in other basic feeds i have simply done nothing more than add the feed and it follows the link
Spoiler:

Code:
from calibre.web.feeds.news import BasicNewsRecipe
from calibre.ebooks.BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup, re
class AdvancedUserRecipe1282101454(BasicNewsRecipe):
    title = 'How To Geek'
    language = 'en'
    __author__ = 'TonytheBookworm'
    description = 'Daily Computer Tips and Tricks'
    publisher = 'Howtogeek'
    category = 'PC,tips,tricks'
    oldest_article = 2
    max_articles_per_feed = 100
    linearize_tables = True
    no_stylesheets = True
    remove_javascript   = True

remove_tags =[dict(name='a', attrs={'target':['_blank']}),
                  dict(name='table', attrs={'id':['articleTable']}),
                  dict(name='div',   attrs={'class':['feedflare']}),
                  ]

feeds          = [
                      ('Tips', 'http://feeds.howtogeek.com/howtogeek')

]
If use_embedded_content = False is set to False in your recipe, it will not use the content on the feed page. If it's not specifically set, I believe it will decide based on length of content on that page.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #2839
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
This thread will become read-only very soon!

Please use it only to finish existing discussions. New recipes, solutions or help requests should be posted in our new dedicated Calibre recipes section.

Thank you!

Alex
MobileRead Team
Old 09-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #2840
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
This thread will become read-only very soon!

Please use it only to finish existing discussions. New recipes, solutions or help requests should be posted in our new dedicated Calibre recipes section.

Thank you!

Alex
MobileRead Team
If you're reading this, would you also move the Sticky thread for Recipe Code over here?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70263
Thanks.
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #2841
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
If you're reading this, would you also move the Sticky thread for Recipe Code over here?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70263
Thanks.
Done!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #2842
kcallis
kcallis began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
Possibly for the following

Los Angeles Times
New York Times
USA Today
The Wall Street Journal
Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #2843
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallis View Post
Los Angeles Times
New York Times
USA Today
The Wall Street Journal
This thread is closed. Have you looked at the built in recipes? All 4 you've asked for are already there.
Closed Thread