Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
FireHD & Bluetooth Earbuds/Headset?

Has anyone tried/tested using Bluetooth earbuds/stereo headset with the FireHD?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Not headsets yet, but have played songs from my FireHd Bluetooth linked to my pc. So far that proves to me that Bluetooth does work on the FireHd.

Next will be a keyboard.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
the bt device that would cause me to get an HD is that arcade holder for the iPad. I'd love to have that on my desk.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/31/i...abinet-review/
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I have used my LG Bluetooth headphones with my Fire HD and they work really well. I've been surprised by how far I can walk away from the Fire and still have a good signal (as opposed to other devices I own).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I have used my LG Bluetooth headphones with my Fire HD and they work really well. I've been surprised by how far I can walk away from the Fire and still have a good signal (as opposed to other devices I own).
I have the same headphones and agree they work great with the Kindle Fire HD.
One thing I have noticed so far is that the volume buttons on the headphone will increase the volume but won't move the slider on the Kindle screen (as opposed to my phone where volume up actually controls the phone slider).
So its almost like you have two volume options.

I also had to go into the Fire HD bluetooth settings once and force it to connect, the two didn't just find each other when they were both on.

Last edited by mewmartigan; 09-27-2012 at 01:58 PM.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
One thing I have noticed so far is that the volume buttons on the headphone will increase the volume but won't move the slider on the Kindle screen (as opposed to my phone where volume up actually controls the phone slider).

I also had to go into the Fire HD bluetooth settings once and force it to connect, the two didn't just find each other when they were both on.
I looked at this headset and liked what I saw and bought it. Have one question?

I think I saw somewhere that the fire HD Bluetooth will not support Bluetooth microphones. It is not that I would really need one but If I use Skype it seems handy if the fire hd would support them.

How say you?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
About how far away can you move (approximately)?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
About how far away can you move (approximately)?
I'll have to set up an official experiment as I'm not good at estimating distances. I'll let you know.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Okay, the farthest I was able to go was about 35 feet. I left the Fire HD on the Kitchen bar, streaming music from my Amazon cloud. The farthest point was a corner of my bedroom. As I walked there were some points where it dropped out like a skipping record but reestablished quickly.

I tried to wander around as much as possible to find my bad spots. There were a few that caused me to lose signal completely if I just stayed in that one spot. If I kept moving, I'd get the skip and then all would be fine. One of the guranteed bad spots was in the bathtubs of each bathroom, where I wouldn't be wearing headphones anyway (I just leaned over the tubs during my tests). When I stepped way from the tub and hit play on headphones, I was back to music.

I'll try this test again with my HP Touchpad and Samsung Galaxy Player and report back.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post

I think I saw somewhere that the fire HD Bluetooth will not support Bluetooth microphones. It is not that I would really need one but If I use Skype it seems handy if the fire hd would support them.

How say you?
I don't know as I don't really use Skype. I'll see if I can figure out a way to test them with Skype.

EDIT: Okay, I just used Skype to make a voice call to my cell phone and leave a message using my LG headphones and it worked just fine.

Last edited by daffy4u; 09-27-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Thanks, now I can check off another toy that will have dual use.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Apparently, I've gone insane. Everything works equally well with these headphones. I know in the past I had so many problems that I stopped using BT unless the device was in the same room as me. I cannot re-create whatever problem I was having. Maybe my issues were more about wi-fi streaming than BT. I did upgrade my router earlier this year.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Okay, the farthest I was able to go was about 35 feet. I left the Fire HD on the Kitchen bar, streaming music from my Amazon cloud. The farthest point was a corner of my bedroom. As I walked there were some points where it dropped out like a skipping record but reestablished quickly.

I tried to wander around as much as possible to find my bad spots. There were a few that caused me to lose signal completely if I just stayed in that one spot. If I kept moving, I'd get the skip and then all would be fine. One of the guranteed bad spots was in the bathtubs of each bathroom, where I wouldn't be wearing headphones anyway (I just leaned over the tubs during my tests). When I stepped way from the tub and hit play on headphones, I was back to music.

I'll try this test again with my HP Touchpad and Samsung Galaxy Player and report back.
A very thorough investigation!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
The same thing happens when using the Fire via HDMI. The TV remote controls the sound volume as well as the Fire.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #15
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
I don't know as I don't really use Skype. I'll see if I can figure out a way to test them with Skype.

EDIT: Okay, I just used Skype to make a voice call to my cell phone and leave a message using my LG headphones and it worked just fine.
By chance when you confirmed the headset mic works when connected to the KFHD did you take some step to ensure it was the headset mic not the on-bord mic of the KFHD picking up the voice? Maybe tape over the mic hole or put the KFHD under a pillow or something?

The headset mic does not function when connected to my TF300 tablet, the tablet's mic does the recording. And yeah, we've confirmed it is likely Asus' BT implementation. Just wanted to clarify with ya...

FYI, I have two sets of the LG Tone BHS-700 headsets and LOVE them. I would point out to those considering a set that the mic is NOT noise cancelling. So far that is the only short coming of them I've found after many months of use.

The KFHD having BT is one of the few features that might push me to consider a new Fire if there is a big Black Friday sale so your mentioning the mic genuinely works adds to that possibility.

Last edited by rkw; 10-04-2012 at 06:36 AM.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote