Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #91
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Congrats to all, thank you Iņigo

.tar.gz is evil for Windows users ..
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #92
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
Congrats to all, thank you Iņigo

.tar.gz is evil for Windows users ..
7z works ok on my work laptop with .tar.gz files...
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #93
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
eeeeh, 7z is for advanced guys (like us), most users have WinZip ..
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #94
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
However, 7z is free, as opposed to winzip (and personally i found 7z interface more user-friendly than that of winzip)
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #95
Picea73
Picea73 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800S
Smile Mucha Gracias - Many Thanks - Merci Beaucoup

Well, as Jackie (once more !) ... it works !!!

I am really very impressed by your job and

Mucha gracias Inigo. Tu ayuda me permitte dizfrutar mas del DR800. Lo compre sobre todo por leer separatas cientificas de formato pdfs y , aunque tiene una pentalla de 10", quedan muy pequenas la lettras y no se lee bien... Estoy en modo "paysaje" y "juego" con el zoom hasta enfocar lo mas bien que puedo la margen pero no es agradable...
Lo ideal seria quittar lo las margenes del documento pdf ... pero es otra historia.

Mucha gracias y buen fin de semana.

Picea73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #96
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
it's a bit that I'm out of the forums..
so I would like to know if
still noone fixed that stuff on the flipbar in panning mode..
so to obtain the maximun zoom of the books without using the pen ?
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #97
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picea73 View Post
Ez horregatik.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #98
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
it's a bit that I'm out of the forums..
so I would like to know if
still noone fixed that stuff on the flipbar in panning mode..
so to obtain the maximun zoom of the books without using the pen ?
Well, I think you should ask IRX people...
Those functions are handled by the UDS application, it's a closed source and only IREX/IRX people can look at.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #99
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Next Page

Quick question, am I missing something? Is there a way to go to the next page using the stylus and the new menu at the bottom of the screen? I see the page numbers but, as we all know, you can have 4 page 25's in an epub. I don't want to go to page 26 next, which I can now do directly on the menu bar, I want to go to the second portion of page 25.

BTW - being able to jump from 25 to 29 or 21 on the bottom bar is a very nice feature.

Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #100
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Quick question, am I missing something? Is there a way to go to the next page using the stylus and the new menu at the bottom of the screen? I see the page numbers but, as we all know, you can have 4 page 25's in an epub. I don't want to go to page 26 next, which I can now do directly on the menu bar, I want to go to the second portion of page 25.

BTW - being able to jump from 25 to 29 or 21 on the bottom bar is a very nice feature.

Jackie
Don't know, maybe someone with some experience with a DR1000 could help.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 AM   #101
etpuis
etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex 800SG
Can someone help me with this issue please?
It was my first time installing DR800+ in my DR800SG. (I haven't installed v1)

It seems like DR800+ v2. is successfully installed in my device(the new interface is properly applied!), but error keeps occurring:
Whenever I try to open a pdf or epub file, it doesn't open. No "please wait" sign and no flickering. Sometimes there is no response at all, and sometimes it seems to slow down or even stops working. It didn't matter what pdf or epub file I tried.
Strange thing is that html files and handwritten note files open without a problem.

P.S.: It's really amazing to see what you guys have achieved to make this device better.
etpuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:19 AM   #102
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
The pdf, epub files are opened with a program called uds, websites and notes with different programs, so I assume it has to do with a corrupt uds. Did you extract the uds from the dr1000 firmware or did you install the 'light'-version?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #103
etpuis
etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex 800SG
Thanks a lot for your tip!:d I re-extracted the dr1000 uds, and this time I obtained a file that was slightly bigger. Perhaps something was wrong when I was extracting it for the first time.
etpuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #104
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Battery Power draining

I have loaded DR800+, I have my DR800SG set in airplane mode. My battery drains in 2 days. I am using it about 30 minutes a day. The rest of the time the screen is on but pages are not being turned.

Is there a chance that the clock is updating and draining the battery? Is there any other reason that anyone can think of?

Help. Thanks.

Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #105
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
I have loaded DR800+, I have my DR800SG set in airplane mode. My battery drains in 2 days. I am using it about 30 minutes a day. The rest of the time the screen is on but pages are not being turned.

Is there a chance that the clock is updating and draining the battery? Is there any other reason that anyone can think of?

Help. Thanks.

Jackie
I didn't drain so much battery in the simple tests I did...
More people with the same experiences?

Tags
dr800+