Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
persiomenezes
persiomenezes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi+3g)
remove the "author tag"

I would like to remove the "author tag" from a mobi file. I have some dictionaries and I would like they stay together with the 2 Kindle native dictionaries , in the end of the book list. But whe I erase the author name on Calibre, it saves the file with the worf (unknow) on the "author tag". How could I have my files with none author tag? Thanks.
persiomenezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot. Calibre does not allow you have a book in its library without the author field set. Your only solution is to set the author field to a value that will sort into a sensible position.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
In the future do not post multiple threads/posts (your other thread is here) on the exact same topic.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote