Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
tantum
tantum began at the beginning.

Device: bebook mini
No more Kindles

In January of 2011 I patchiest a Kindle. I was over the moon I was telling all my friends what a good thing it was. Early February it would not switch on the screen looked a mess. It was exchanged for a replacement Kindle, that lasted about 6 weeks and was hit by the same problem. I was exchanged for another that one lasted bout 6 weeks. I know Amazon will exchange it for another but I am sick of Kindles now.
I bought a Bebook mini It was very good for about ten days then it would not switch on!
I am not ham fisted and yet I can't keep an reader for long for some reason I cant figure out.
I am waiting for PLAY.COM to collect the Bebook mini 3 weeks so far.
Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong
Any sensible ideas will be appreciated

Tantum
tantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A "messed up screen" sounds like a broken screen substrate. An eInk screen has a very thin layer of glass underneath the outer plastic screen. Any bending force, or a sudden shock, will fracture this. These devices do need to be treated with moderate care. A good protective case is essential.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
It sounds like you keep busting the screen. It is glass, it will break if you are too rough with it. That said, I'm not easy on mine at all and mine hasn't broken, so I don't know what you could be doing with yours. A cover and case might help ya
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Do you keep them in a case when not in use?
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong
Any sensible ideas will be appreciated
Smacking the screen with ball-peen hammer would be an example of "wrong." I'd stop doing that in case you thought you could.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Smacking the screen with ball-peen hammer would be an example of "wrong." I'd stop doing that in case you thought you could.
How about a claw-hammer??!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Would the same principle apply to gavels?
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
metoo999
Enthusiast
metoo999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I'd get one of those hard book-like Kindle cases and be more careful. If they're being put in a bag and bent around, it's not good. I always kept mine in a hard case and straight pocket in my bookbag.
metoo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
How about a claw-hammer??!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Would the same principle apply to gavels?
Nope, you are both good to go!
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Nope, you are both good to go!
I'm not sure if you should be working in sales or customer support!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
purchased
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
naypalm
Enthusiast
naypalm began at the beginning.

Device: K3G v3.1 jb
It sounds like the OP needs everything insured.
naypalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #13
witeowl
Hopeless Geek
witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color (manual nooter)
Are you keeping your ereaders away from any extreme temperatures and/or steamy environments?
witeowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 AM   #14
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeowl View Post
Are you keeping your ereaders away from any extreme temperatures and/or steamy environments?
Bow chicka bow wow
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #15
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeowl View Post
Are you keeping your ereaders away from any extreme temperatures
I would have made a joke about the OP being based in the UK, but then again I just remembered that yesterday was the hottest October day on record in the UK.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote