Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 AM   #16
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
I'd love to play around with some of the code - but it seems to be a commercial venture and I'm not seeing a public repo (which is odd, I assume there's at least some of the kindle gpl infested stuff in there - but perhaps not).
Legally and ethically the old Duokan should have been open-source, they used many gpl projects without giving back anything, just ignored the thing. This new one I don't know but I suspect it is the same thing.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #17
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Lite0930.876.1694.rtm released. (mirror)
Quote:
This week update notes:
  • The upgrade process will restart twice, please be patient
  • To save power, into the screen saver, the music player will automatically turn off (please try to turn off the music before entering the screensaver)
  • only support the installation on kindle3 3.1 and 3.2.1
Warm Tips:
  • System and user screensavers on the same path, and the user can add their own screen saver, the path is: DK_System/Lite/res /UserScreenSaver
This week update:
New features:
  • Support music player (full audio file format)
  • Support folder classification
  • Password support for screensavers
  • Baidu Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, embarrassments Baike function
  • Support WIFI function pass book
  • Support PDF catalog extract
  • Support PDF sharpening
Improvements:
  • Improve the stability of wifi, the download speed faster and more smoothly
Fix the problem:
  • Fixed epub less intelligent extraction directory last word problems
Quote:
music player (support all audio files)
Bring up the music player, click OK to start playing music (not a playlist temporarily , will be added)
Up Arrow: Refresh Playlist
Down arrow keys: stop (when you do not listen to songs,to save power, please click stop)
Left and right arrow keys: switch the song
Click OK to play: after suspended
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39726752/Lit...6.1694.rtm.zip

Last edited by thomass; 10-15-2011 at 03:01 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #18
jejer
jejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle3
New Methord To change the dual boot option to boot KindleOS as default OS after restart:

Edit X:\DK_System\Lite\config.ini
append DefaultSystem=3
jejer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #19
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejer View Post
New Methord To change the dual boot option to boot KindleOS as default OS after restart:

Edit X:\DK_System\Lite\config.ini
append DefaultSystem=3
Thanks
Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #20
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Hi,

First of all thank you very much for this guide, I've been using Doukan a few months but i was not sure how to install the lite version.

I use it to read pdf and i have a question: Can i change the the contrast (the grayscale ) in Lite like in Doukan ¿?

I have not been able to find the option anywhere
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #21
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
Hi,

First of all thank you very much for this guide, I've been using Doukan a few months but i was not sure how to install the lite version.

I use it to read pdf and i have a question: Can i change the the contrast (the grayscale ) in Lite like in Doukan ¿?

I have not been able to find the option anywhere
Currently there is no option for contrast. But there is an option on settings as "PDF sharpen Setting" (you can only enable or disable, no adjustment)

You can have both at the same time: Copy DK_System of DK-Lite to your Kindle and approve when it asks for replacing files and merging folders. And copy appropriate update file. then use update feature of Kindle.

(Later on, when you want to update for the following releases, only copy DK_System over existing one, then restart and choose Lite on boot screen)
Old 10-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #22
runner84
runner84 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
You can have both at the same time: Copy DK_System of DK-Lite to your Kindle and approve when it asks for replacing files and merging folders. And copy appropriate update file. then use update feature of Kindle.
I think I ve read in Duokan forums that you dont need to copy any update file to install lite over Duokan, you just need to copy the DK folder. And at least in my case it worked fine!
runner84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #23
anxobaltar
Enthusiast

I've seen that option(sharpening) but I have not noticed hardly any difference. My problem is that many of my pdf are old books and I find changing the contrast a very useful option.
I hope to implement it in future updates
By the way, if you uninstall the lite the old doukan still works?. It seems the program that controls the system

Last edited by anxobaltar; 10-08-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #24
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner84 View Post
I think I ve read in Duokan forums that you dont need to copy any update file to install lite over Duokan, you just need to copy the DK folder. And at least in my case it worked fine!
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
By the way, if you uninstall the lite the old doukan still works?. It seems the program that controls the system
I have no idea.

Last edited by thomass; 10-08-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #25
kapsi
kapsi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Which one is better, Duokan regular or lite?
kapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #26
anxobaltar
Enthusiast

It only takes a few hours using the Lite but it seems more fluid reading pdf and better UI.
If it were not for not being able to adjust contrast (which is a step back unless they are planning to add) in pdf, the DKlite seems a clear improvement because we have to read mobi the original firmware of Kindle.

I want my grayscale...
Old 10-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #27
nix4096
nix4096 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G)
here is the English.txt that I use FYI
Attached Files
File Type: txt English.txt (15.1 KB, 901 views)
nix4096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #28
Hav4k
Hav4k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thomass, thx for info. Here it's translation to Spanish.
Greetings.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Español.txt (15.1 KB, 946 views)
Hav4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #29
thomass
Wizard

update:

Lite1014.1225.rtm (mirror , mirror2 , mirror3 , mirror4)
checksum: 40179FB441A1E54EE5EA4F322614CDFB

Updates this week:

New features:
In the sorting of the directory page, click left button of the selected document or folder to delete

Improvements:
PDF optimized for sharpening features [2]
optimize interface of sorting of the directory display order from disorder into order: folders and books are sorted in alphabetical ascending order

Fix the problem:
Repair process of reading in PDF format sharpening issue

NOTE: From now on, large updates will release at the end of each month, but week updates will continue

Last edited by thomass; 10-14-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #30
mr_clark
mr_clark began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Will Duokan Lite ever be made to work for the Kindle DXG?
mr_clark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf