Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Sentireader
Sentireader began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Shelves are gone after restart on Nook 1.5

Nook 1.5 users, have any of you turned your nook off and on only to notice your newly created shelves are gone? Thanks for the feedback.
Sentireader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
Just tried it with my Nook. My shelves are still there after I sturn off and restart the device.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
Sentireader

Interesting. It deleted my shelves twice so far after two restarts. I'll make some shelves later to see if this problem persist.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Is your nook registered? It states in the new version of the User's manual that if you have to unregister your nook, your shelves will be deleted (see pages 67 and 96 of the user manual). I couldn't find anywhere in the manual where it states specifically that you have to have a registered nook to use shelves, but I'm assuming that this is the case.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
Sentireader

After I registered the problem stopped. Thanks a lot!
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
I'm glad that worked. If the disappearing shelf problem is by design and not a bug, you would think BN would post somewhere that you couldn't use shelves on an unregistered nook so you wouldn't waste a bunch of time trying to organize your books. If it's a bug, I hope BN fixes it soon, because the shelf feature is nice and it would be a shame if those with unregistered nooks couldn't take advantage of it (not to mention a reason for some to buy a different product).
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:44 AM   #7
traponk
traponk began at the beginning.

Device: rooted e-ink Nook
The only way to keep shelves after you unregister and re-register would be to save the shelves in the BN cloud, which BN doesn't do. All nookbooks are listed in My Nook Library on BN.com only in the order they were purchased. I also use the Nook for PC App, and there is no shelf organization there either--another sign that it's not that way in the cloud. So I doubt it's a bug. BN either didn't think it was necessary to back up shelves or totally overlooked it.
traponk is offline   Reply With Quote