Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Vacation

Two weeks on the beach! [Dominican Republic]

JetBook worked great! My wife got tired holding her heavier Kindle on the beach, but the lighter jetBook was great!

Both readers, however, were better than paperbacks in the light wind. Saw others struggling with fluttering pages.

Tragedy! Knocked jetBook off arm of chair onto tile floor while reaching for beer, and screen broke !! Wouldn't have happened to a paperback, so there is a trade off.

Was able to transfer text files to wife's Kindle and keep reading, when she would let me.

Ordered new one from newegg and got silicone cover too. May get second jetBook, as back up, before next trip.

Last edited by mcysr; 10-06-2009 at 12:02 AM.
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
yeah that sucks, anyway I created a custom case for my jetbook, but my brother has my camera at the moment, will post instructions and cost breakdown (less than $15 bucks, and lots of materials left over if I want to make another one, or 7) also No/Little Sewing. and it looks amazing, with leather acents too! (I can even make a full Leather version from the bag of scrap leather that I bought for the project as I only used about 10% in the making of the case) it was easy to make, just some cardboard, an old tee shirt, some glue, velcro, some leather, a needle and thread for the edging on a piece of leather, and some felt for the inside.

This case is as strong as my Medge case for the 700 (though the medge is beautiful) this has a hand made touch to it and still looks great.

Last edited by Andybaby; 10-06-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Hey! Would really, really like to see what you did. Any pics would be great.

Now, at least, I have a second battery if the new one stops working, but I suppose the battery from the old reader will deteriorate at the same rate as the new one. I have heard of people putting battery's in the freezer to preserve them. Does that work? I have to google it.

matthew
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote