Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #1156
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Fantastic review caleb! Enjoyed reading it! Love how you discerned that the author kept going from a break to a fracture....that's kind of important. Takes me back to my wrestling days when trying to sell an injury...one guy had his leg so badly injured he couldn't stand, but then climbed to the top rope and stomped on him then ran across the ring etc... LOL

I updated my review schedule for this week....I'm so glad I'm about 2 weeks ahead in my reviews If I can find and squeeze an interview in for Tuesday, I'll do so....if not, it's all good, I've got a couple people I want to ask for the following Tuesday.

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/for-a...view-schedule/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #1157
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hey thanks for that, jhempel24. It was a terrible review to have to write. I just kept putting it off and putting it off.

There were things I didn't include in there because when I reviewed my comments I realised that people could actually infer all sorts of things (most likely incorrectly) about the author's personality/character based on what I had written.

Given that a single review can sometimes cause a stampede of "me too" indignation in sites like GoodReads, often based on a desire to be outraged rather than any real shared experience or even knowledge, I decided I needed to be a bit more responsible with what I wrote.

Have you ever come across such a dilemma in any of your reviews?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #1158
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Hey thanks for that, jhempel24. It was a terrible review to have to write. I just kept putting it off and putting it off.

There were things I didn't include in there because when I reviewed my comments I realised that people could actually infer all sorts of things (most likely incorrectly) about the author's personality/character based on what I had written.

Given that a single review can sometimes cause a stampede of "me too" indignation in sites like GoodReads, often based on a desire to be outraged rather than any real shared experience or even knowledge, I decided I needed to be a bit more responsible with what I wrote.

Have you ever come across such a dilemma in any of your reviews?
Actually yes. Not tomorrow, but next Monday I have a review slated in which the author in the middle of a scene changes character names. Then switched back, like he got confused. Major problem for me!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #1159
jhempel24
Wizard

Jumped at the chance to read and review this when it came across my desk....so how did my results fair compared to the advertised 10 pounds of muscle??? Check it out!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/7-wee...-jason-warner/
Old 05-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #1160
jhempel24
Wizard

This was a FANTASTIC book! I can't say enough good things about it!

Tortured Memory by Lawrence W Gold

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/tortu...ce-w-gold-m-d/
Old 05-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #1161
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The link above doesn't load in Firefox. I get a white screen with no information about loading issues - just nothing.

Here's the link to Amazon, for those who wish to check up on this title:

http://www.amazon.com/Tortured-Memor...9308862&sr=8-6

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #1162
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The link above doesn't load in Firefox. I get a white screen with no information about loading issues - just nothing.

Here's the link to Amazon, for those who wish to check up on this title:

http://www.amazon.com/Tortured-Memor...9308862&sr=8-6

Don
It comes up okay in Chrome and IE, I wonder why it wasn't in Firefox. My review is posted on that amazon link as well, so if you can't get to my page, then that Amazon post has it.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #1163
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
It comes up okay in Chrome and IE, I wonder why it wasn't in Firefox. My review is posted on that amazon link as well, so if you can't get to my page, then that Amazon post has it.
I can confirm that what Don says is true. Doesn't work in Firefox but fine in Chrome (I've recently switched because of garbled font rendering in Firefox)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #1164
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I can confirm that what Don says is true. Doesn't work in Firefox but fine in Chrome (I've recently switched because of garbled font rendering in Firefox)
That's just odd....I wonder why Firefox is behaving so badly with this page?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #1165
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A few minutes ago, I received a notice of a Firefox security update, which I refused to accept (for the moment, anyway) because 2 or 3 of my Kaspersky Anti-Virus modules will not yet work on that update.

If anyone has accepted that security update, I wonder if it will work on your blog?

Don
Old 05-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #1166
jhempel24
Wizard

I know when I worked in Firefox it kept saying that I needed to upgrade Firefox, but I was writing at work so I didn't want to install any updates just in case there were prying eyes.

I'm going to go back and see if there is anything crazy from the text that may be causing issues.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #1167
jhempel24
Wizard

Okay, I am able to get into it through Firefox now after the update to the browser. Hopefully it works for everyone else too.

For now though, here is Flash Friday, The Haunted Halls by Glenn Rolfe. I had this recommended to me by John Everson.

Lets take a walk shall we?

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/flash...glenn-j-rolfe/
Old 05-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #1168
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

The same issue: nothing.

Don
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #1169
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The same issue: nothing.

Don
It's seems worse here. Home page is also blank now... very weird stuff!

and I do have the most recent release of Firefox.

Last edited by kennyc; 05-24-2013 at 08:03 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #1170
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It's seems worse here. Home page is also blank now... very weird stuff!

and I do have the most recent release of Firefox.
this is getting horrible I'm going to have to contact Go Daddy about this

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing