Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #16
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxk View Post
Hate to reopen an old thread, but a plastic tab on my PRS-505 cover just broke as well and looks non-macguyverable.

I'm not interested in any of these other replacements people have mentioned in this sub-forum so far - the original was slim and sturdy enough (apart from the clip snapping when I dropped it).
The same thing happened to me, this is what I did. I used some Superglue with a brush, to keep the tab steady. Don't think about trying to use it alone, I also got some Gorilla glue (actually had it on hand) and left a dab of glue at the apex of the tab, and I let that dry for 24 hours. Good as new. Good luck.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #17
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Does the original 505 cover fit the 500? Same question for the deluxe cover?

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
Does the original 505 cover fit the 500? Same question for the deluxe cover?

-Pie
No. The 500 has a different cover mounting mechanism. The cover snaps into the a connector on the back on the device. The 505 has clips that attach to the top left and bottom right corners of the device.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #19
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I was able to sweet talk the lady at the Sony Style store to let me have the cover for the floor model.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #20
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I would be very interested in getting my hands on one of these myself. I don't like the original tan cover my silver came with, but really want the one dark blues come with. Too bad Sony doesn't sell these, as I think they're slim and fold back nicely, and fit well into the "titanium ecaddy" hard box that I use to case my Reader in when I'm not using it.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:46 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Too bad Sony doesn't sell these, as I think they're slim and fold back nicely, and fit well into the "titanium ecaddy" hard box that I use to case my Reader in when I'm not using it.
I put in a request at the Sony parts request web site. Apparently they do sell them, but the price seems a bit outrageous to me. I'm wondering if it is the wrong part, but it does say "soft" on them. I was thinking it might be the exterior case.

Here is the response I got from the parts search request:

Thank you for contacting Sony's Direct Accessories and Parts Center (DAPC USA).

Model: PRS505
Your question was: Looking for an original replacement cover. (Not the leather accesory covers available at the estore.)

The items you requested are listed below.

Item - ( COVER, SOFT (BLUE) ), 321791601, $107.59 ea.
Item - ( COVER, SOFT (SILVER) ), 321791611, $107.59 ea.

You may place your order using the link below or call 1-800-488-7669.
Shipping charges and local taxes will be added to your order at checkout.

Sony Direct Accessories & Parts Center web site - http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/eco.../web/index.jsp

----
Maybe someone else can repeat the request?

BOb
Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #22
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Umm.. yeah. $108??
Old 07-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Umm.. yeah. $108??
As I said, didn't make sense to me. Either this is the wrong part, or they come in packs of 10 or something.

Perhaps I (or someone) will call the order number and see what the scoop is. I would like to get an original replacement cover for my PRS500 too.

BOb
Old 07-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #24
seajewel
Fanatic

It's too bad they aren't more readily available, considering how many people want the stock cover. I'm unsure of whether the other covers would still fit into the "titanium e-caddy" that I purchased for my Sony.. it's just the right, snug fit right now with the stock cover, but I hate the shade of the cover inside (the grey) and am not fond of the tan outside.. maybe I can stitch a different colored cloth onto the inside of it, maybe. Oh what I would give for a dark blue cover instead..!!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #25
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
New Covers?

I just found these on SonyStyle, and I just couldn't keep this discovery to myself:

Premium Leather Cover (Brown)

Premium Leather Cover (Red)

And, finally, Reader Cover With Light, already available!

porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #26
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
WOW!

No comments!

Hopefully they are going to seel them in the UK. I will be the first one to test Reader Cover with Light.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #27
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Hopefully they are going to seel them in the UK. I will be the first one to test Reader Cover with Light.
Yep, they are.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #28
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
*bounce*

P.S. I have added the link to favourites from your other post but I didn't understand that Lighted Cover means Reader Cover with Light
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #29
Rontonio
Rontonio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
If anyone is interested, I have a new blue cover I'm willing to part with that originally came with a 505.
Rontonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #30
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rontonio View Post
If anyone is interested, I have a new blue cover I'm willing to part with that originally came with a 505.
I would be very interested in it.

What are you asking?
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote