Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
I have looked at your offering. It is indeed very generous. However my request is for a copy of your avatar.
Here is the original version (no squirrel included) of the photo I used. I have no idea where the photo came from. It was in one of those emails that people send with lots of cute pictures, like the ones with all the dogs in Halloween costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Are there no authors here who are shameless in their news releases?

Surely, someone coughed today, which should be reason enough to post a NEWS EVENT OF "SOME KIND" OF PROMINENT IMPORTANCE about your new book.
Breaking news! Someone asked for a copy of my avatar, so please go to my web site and download one or all of my free books.

Hope that works for you, Dr. Drib.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Here is the original version (no squirrel included) of the photo I used. I have no idea where the photo came from. It was in one of those emails that people send with lots of cute pictures, like the ones with all the dogs in Halloween costumes.

Breaking news! Someone asked for a copy of my avatar, so please go to my web site and download one or all of my free books.

Hope that works for you, Dr. Drib.

Absolutely!

Now this is what I'm talking about!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #18
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Okay, ya'll need to go check out my book trailer cuz it's creeeeepy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsZcFZ2Pv8

....oh, and then you should go buy my book because it's only $1.99

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037HOR1Q
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9326

Last edited by davidhburton; 03-14-2010 at 03:17 PM.
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post

Great, thank you. And I hope that everyone checks out his really great books at his website.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #20
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'm feeling left out. I can't figure out how to make money by asking you to read my blog (unless you have a Kindle - in which case you can donate 60 cents a month to my reading habit, by subscribing HERE). Those of you who have other readers or use the Kindle for iphone/ipad/maxipad/etc, will have to read my blog for free, I'm afraid. If the guilt gets to be too much, feel free to feed my habit using the conveniently located tip jar.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #21
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I'm feeling left out. I can't figure out how to make money by asking you to read my blog (unless you have a Kindle - in which case you can donate 60 cents a month to my reading habit, by subscribing HERE). Those of you who have other readers or use the Kindle for iphone/ipad/maxipad/etc, will have to read my blog for free, I'm afraid. If the guilt gets to be too much, feel free to feed my habit using the conveniently located tip jar.
It's working. I can't help myself.

Go here. Ask this gentleman for the money that I've set aside for you.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #22
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
It's working. I can't help myself.

Go here. Ask this gentleman for the money that I've set aside for you.
There must be a problem with the delivery. He seems to be completely ignoring me and every antic I've tried to get him to tell me where the money is!
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #23
HorridRedDog
Addict

Good help. Hard to find. You do understand?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #24
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Great idea for a thread!

It will be interesting to see which authors move out of their own threads and post here.

Jeff, I loved Soul View, so I am looking forward to reading When Do I See God?

David, I've moved Second Coming up on my list just because you joined into the spirit of the thread and posted here
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #25
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

+1

YES! One more reader!! This thread rocks!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #26
davidhburton
Addict

We take a break from our regularly scheduled shameless promotion for this tune that will never leave your head. Don't watch it. I dare you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
Old 03-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #27
davidhburton
Addict

Now, to purge yourself of that ugliness, watch puppycam!

http://puppycam.back2mono.de/

Last edited by davidhburton; 03-14-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #28
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
The irony is, I *do* have a new book out (both p- and e-) but I never think anyone here is interested in my new releases because, quite frankly, I'm not interested in other forum members' new books. I get enough ads thrown in my face, and goddess knows I've got enough books on my TBR pile. I've always liked that MR only allows ads in this one forum.

That sounds more grouchy than I meant it.

Anyway, I appreciate this thread's existence, and I'm giving it a bump.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #29
HorridRedDog
Addict

The "Writers' Corner" would be the best place to move these book plugs. Just give them headline tags like NEW or Free.

Keep "Deals, Freebies, and Resources" for member recomendations.

I have gotten free books, like "Soul Identity" by Dennis Batchelder, and bought many others mentioned here.

It seems more of a problem when several authors hop out of a dark place and push their books.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Book & ereader type ads in MR. So long as it is limited and pertinent.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #30
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
The "Writers' Corner" would be the best place to move these book plugs. Just give them headline tags like NEW or Free.

Keep "Deals, Freebies, and Resources" for member recomendations.

I have gotten free books, like "Soul Identity" by Dennis Batchelder, and bought many others mentioned here.

It seems more of a problem when several authors hop out of a dark place and push their books.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Book & ereader type ads in MR. So long as it is limited and pertinent.

The problem IS, that some authors do hop out of dark places. Some skip, but that may be a gender issue that I won't go into here.

Members recommend books in the "Reading Recommendations" Forum.

Writers (and other such types) plug, pull, and push their books; and, when that doesn't work they tug their works along behind them - all for that extra mile. Do we really want these "Plugsters" plying their sales-pitch all over MobileRead? CONTRIBUTE HERE TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT.

Here's how I think of this thread: It's a kind of louuunge for ebook plugging, discussion, and humor. Get your coffee or mate (that's maa-tay, Princess Bob), settle back and, if you're an author, then think of some creative way to plug your new book - you know, mate (that's Brit talk), the one your gamma liked so much that it was mentioned in the Baptist Church Meetup Potluck Celebration you had Sunday afternoon.

Or, if you're a "Big Time Author," (and you know who you are), then don't forget to tell your rabid readers that your book just made the Best-Seller List at the Ace Home Cener's "Earn A Free Bucket of Paint" Drawing. (Oh, the name of your book was this: "How To Build Your Dream Tin House And Save Megabucks on Heating This Winter!)" See how that leads to a sequel in the scorching Summer?

HAVE FUN, AUTHORS! PLUG YOUR BOOK.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-15-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo