Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
struggling to compile w32 calibre2opds from source

Hi guys.

I decided to have a go at compiling version 3 source.
I installed mavern, jdk etc and ran make.

It all seems to go well until the datamodel sections when errors start throwing up

such as

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test set: com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.datamodel.DataModelTest
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.355 sec <<< FAILURE!
testDataModel(com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.datamodel .DataModelTest) Time elapsed: 0.171 sec <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot establish a database connection to D:\calibre2opds%203.0\DataModel\target\test-classes\com\gmail\dpierron\calibre\metadata.db
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.database.DatabaseReques t.getStatement(DatabaseRequest.java:58)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.database.Database.listB ooks(Database.java:77)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.datamodel.DataModel.get ListOfBooks(DataModel.java:173)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.datamodel.test.TestData Model.testDataModel(TestDataModel.java:26)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.datamodel.DataModelTest .testDataModel(DataModelTest.java:31)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runRefle ctiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallabl e.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExpl osively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod .evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild( BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:76)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild( BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner. java:193)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRu nner.java:52)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentR unner.java:191)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRu nner.java:42)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRu nner.java:184)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.ja va:236)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.exe cute(JUnit4TestSet.java:35)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.ex ecuteTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:115)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.in voke(JUnit4Provider.java:97)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$C lassLoaderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:103)
at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.i nvokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:150)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.r unSuitesInProcess(SurefireStarter.java:91)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main (ForkedBooter.java:69)

and

Spoiler:

Test set: com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.TestAuthor
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.021 sec <<< FAILURE!
test(com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.TestAuthor) Time elapsed: 0.012 sec <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot establish a database connection to D:\calibre2opds%203.0\DataModel\target\test-classes\com\gmail\dpierron\calibre\metadata.db
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.database.DatabaseReques t.getStatement(DatabaseRequest.java:58)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.database.Database.listB ooks(Database.java:77)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.datamodel.DataModel.get ListOfBooks(DataModel.java:173)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.datamodel.DataModel.get MapOfBooksByAuthor(DataModel.java:249)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.datamodel.Author.comput eSort(Author.java:70)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.datamodel.Author.getSor t(Author.java:64)
at com.gmail.dpierron.calibre.TestAuthor.test(TestAut hor.java:17)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runRefle ctiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallabl e.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExpl osively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod .evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild( BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:76)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild( BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner. java:193)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRu nner.java:52)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentR unner.java:191)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRu nner.java:42)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRu nner.java:184)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.ja va:236)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.exe cute(JUnit4TestSet.java:35)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.ex ecuteTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:115)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.in voke(JUnit4Provider.java:97)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$C lassLoaderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:103)
at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.i nvokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:150)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.r unSuitesInProcess(SurefireStarter.java:91)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main (ForkedBooter.java:69)

i've no idea at all what these mean as i'm just your average vista user.

Can anyone give any help?
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The whole idea is that you are not meant to have to understand the build process - it should 'just work'. I am sure I remember seeing this particular problem at some point, but I cannot remember what (simple) step I took to get past it. I will see if I can reproduce this on a clean install.

Make sure that you do not have calibre2opds actually running at the time you try to build it - this can cause unexpected errors - although I would not have thought this would be one of them.

Last edited by itimpi; 01-14-2012 at 08:27 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The whole idea is that you are not meant to have to understand the build process - it should 'just work'. I am sure I remember seeing this particular problem at some point, but I cannot remember what (simple) step I took to get past it. I will see if I can reproduce this on a clean install.

Make sure that you do not have calibre2opds actually running at the time you try to build it - this can cause unexpected errors - although I would not have thought this would be one of them.
okay. cheers mate.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have just tried this on a clean checkout of the source (rev 129) and it built for me without issues so I am not sure what your issue might be. You might want to check if that is the revision of code that you checked out from GoogleCode (it is the latest one there) so that I know we are talking about the same version?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote