Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #31
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinus's baby View Post
Thanks, I tried a real factory reset, but I still get the message Powering On. I guess I must still be doing something wrong.
Did you do the reset with a paperclip on the back of the KT? or did you do a factor reset in the settings screen?

I get the impression that you reader won't turn back on to the home page. Perhaps try to connect to the computer but connect with the kobo software instead of calibre. Eject it there ......
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #32
Martinus's baby
Martinus's baby began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo aura HD, Lenotab 7 inch tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannont View Post
Did you do the reset with a paperclip on the back of the KT? or did you do a factor reset in the settings screen?

I get the impression that you reader won't turn back on to the home page. Perhaps try to connect to the computer but connect with the kobo software instead of calibre. Eject it there ......
I tried the paperclip and the factory reset and every time the page goes blank for some seconds and then I get the Powering On message again. I can't get to the home page on my ereader. And when I connect the reader to my desktop, the only thing that happens is that a light turns green/blue on the reader. I can't get make any connection between the reader and the Kobo desktop software.
Martinus's baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #33
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try leaving the Kobo plugged in overnight to your computer to let the battery fully recharge, and then powering it on.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #34
Martinus's baby
Martinus's baby began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo aura HD, Lenotab 7 inch tablet
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Try leaving the Kobo plugged in overnight to your computer to let the battery fully recharge, and then powering it on.
Nope, that didn't work either. I'm still getting the Powering On message on the Kobo ereader Touch after every reset. . I got a message from Kobo telling me that they will contacting me 'soon'.
Martinus's baby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, problem, touch