Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Need some Facebook love

Self Promotion Removed... put it in the wrong place. Sorry.

Last edited by williemeikle; 11-03-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Self Promotion Remove
Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Why does this remind me of the fanfic writers who say "I won't post another chapter unless I get 10 good reviews"?
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
I am getting so sick of these Facebook campaigns, nothing personal about this one, mind you. I've got no idea what it is but I just find the whole Facebook campaign thing annoying.

I've been bombarded with e-mails from people I barely know who at some point "friended" me and then nag me to vote for some stupid Facebook promo. I don't even use Facebook. I had it when I worked as a rabbi but now that I'm a full time freelance writer, I have no use for it and have considered dropping the thing all together. Okay, my rant about this business is over. Go ahead and "like" the thing if you feel so inclined. I personally ignore all these requests (again, my personal feeling on the subject and no intention to offend anyone who is a diehard Facebook fan or a die hard fan of this publisher).

Eric

P.S. And yes I know, that's a rather odd career path. I'm one of those odd people who has held around 18 different jobs in various industries from computer guru to rabbi to paralegal to teacher and now professional writer. One of these days I'll do a book on the subject
Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Ooooh!!! I see a poll coming up!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I think perhaps you meant to post this in the Author Self-Promotions forum.
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
What is an indie author to do but use the networks at his/her disposal to promote his/her work?

Annoys the hell out of me this sort of self-promotion and I won't ever respond to it.

If you don't like it you can just ignore it - you don't need to give the OP a hard time about it.

Sheesh, I'm just so full of contradictions.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Sheesh, I'm just so full of contradictions.
But at least you aren't living in denial! The first step to fixing a problem is to acknowledge it.
Closed Thread