Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
Hexodus
Hexodus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Lightbulb Thumbnail view

At first I'd like to say a big thank-you-all-for-this-wonderful-application it rock's my T1!

The purpose of my thread is the thumbnail view or better said the lack of it. I really spend hours to search of the button that allows me to switch the database like view into the thumbnail view that you know from all ebook-readers and many ebook managing apps. But I never found this button.
Prove me wrong if this feature already exists. And no, the cover browser isn't what I'm looking for.

By the way - I didn't found where to post a feature request. There seems to be only a thread plugin idea but nothing for general ones. Plz point me to it if I there is a designated place for feature request and I just overseen it somehow.

Last edited by Hexodus; 12-09-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: spell checking
Hexodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate forum. Please read the post PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - The purpose of this subforum before posting in the development forum
And to answer your questions:
- Calibre does not offer such a display.
- Feature requests can go in the main forum, an appropriate subforum (which development is not), or in the calibre bug/feature system.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 03:58 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I believe a thumbnail library view is somewhere deep down on Kovid's todo list. That means it won't be implemented anytime soon, if at all- most people seem to prefer the amount of precise (and configurable) information the table library view offers. That said, I'd expect a patch would be welcome, as usual.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
Hexodus
Hexodus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
- Calibre does not offer such a display.
- Feature requests can go in the main forum, an appropriate subforum (which development is not), or in the calibre bug/feature system.
Thank you Chaley for answering me that quickly. I opened a new enhancement report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean
I believe a thumbnail library view is somewhere deep down on Kovid's todo list. That means it won't be implemented anytime soon, if at all- most people seem to prefer the amount of precise (and configurable) information the table library view offers. That said, I'd expect a patch would be welcome, as usual.
I'm glad to hear that and hope that Kovid will find time for implementation.
I believe that there're much more people who would love to see this feature then you think. As long as there is no other choice it's impossible to say what the people would prefer. There're currently 9 feature request for the thumbnail view inside the bug tracking system.
Hexodus is offline   Reply With Quote