Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Kobo: $2 off coupon for unlimited books until April 1

Discount Code: 2party

From the email:

Quote:
Dear Kobo fans,
Starting April 1st, you'll notice some changes being made with how eBooks are priced. Book publishers are adjusting their prices and these changes will affect all eBook retailers... including Kobo.
Don't Panic
These changes will affect how much you'll pay for most of your eBooks. Ultimately, it means that you'll be getting more consistent prices. However, it also means that retailers will be restricted from offering steep discounts and coupons from most major publishers. But...
Kobo's Going to Party Like it's $9.99 – Or less!
Until April 1st arrives, we're going to provide you with sweet discounts. Take advantage of it now, and get $2 off any eBook on Kobo... and use it towards as many books as you can buy!
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Ultimately this coupon does nothing. They gave us $2 off per book but their price has already went up. For example, I bought the back up of Eclipse which 2 days ago cost $4.99 and is now being listed $8.49 which is almost double the price I paid for. I think we or at least I do have the right to be panic of the recent announcement to adjust the ebook pricing.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
But there were also two books I wish-listed at Kobo which were $16 and up, I wonder if those will go down once the new prices kick in?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstitious View Post
Ultimately this coupon does nothing. They gave us $2 off per book but their price has already went up. For example, I bought the back up of Eclipse which 2 days ago cost $4.99 and is now being listed $8.49 which is almost double the price I paid for. I think we or at least I do have the right to be panic of the recent announcement to adjust the ebook pricing.
Ugh, go figure. I haven't been shopping lately so I hadn't noticed.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Well - at least for today most of the NYT Bestseller list is still $9.99. So that coupon brings them down to $7.99 which is a good deal.

I've hit the buy button on a couple. I also picked up Nancy Drew The Hidden Staircase for $3.49 using the code.

If you do a search there are some books that have a price of under $2 that can be picked up for free using the code and I grabbed a couple of them. A Star Wars and couple more.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Well - at least for today most of the NYT Bestseller list is still $9.99. So that coupon brings them down to $7.99 which is a good deal.

I've hit the buy button on a couple. I also picked up Nancy Drew The Hidden Staircase for $3.49 using the code.

If you do a search there are some books that have a price of under $2 that can be picked up for free using the code and I grabbed a couple of them. A Star Wars and couple more.
Yea I know but it just sucks though. I did got $2 off that one so I only paid $2.99 for it. It would have been the awesome if they keep the price at least the same until the change occurs midnight tonight.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Yep, They Upped The Prices!

I was just curious and checked the prices I paid for books. I bought the Twilight Saga in January 2010. It was $34.69 Canadian and I had a 20% off code. Now the same set of books is listed at $38.09 Canadian and this is well before the midnight price change.

I hate when people mark up prices and then announce a sale.

I have bought several books using the $2 off code though but still.....
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote