Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Amazon and NBC Universal expand streaming video

Quote:

Amazon expands streaming with NBCUniversal

(AFP) – 4 hours ago

NEW YORK — Amazon and NBCUniversal on Friday announced they were expanding their alliance for streaming video to include "hundreds" of popular NBC television shows.

The deal adds NBC shows such as "Friday Night Lights," "Heroes," and "Battlestar Galactica" and brings the Amazon offerings to more than 22,000 movies and TV episodes.

"We are excited to be working with NBCUniversal to add their award-winning lineup of TV shows such as Parks and Recreation and Friday Night Lights to Prime Instant Video," said Brad Beale, director of digital video content acquisition for Amazon.

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Amazon allows its "Prime" members who pay an annual subscription fee to stream on its Kindle Fire or other devices including iPad, Roku, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...a0cb4144d1.481
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Netflix still winning, but...
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Wish they'd do more movies.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Love Amazon prime videos, I just wish there was an app for non-Fire Android devices.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
...I just wish there was an app for non-Fire Android devices.
Me too! The Amazon instant videos no longer stream properly using the browser on my Acer A500 tablet since it updated to Android 4.0.3. They were perfect before the update to ICS. From what I've read, it's a problem with Flash+ICS and Amazon instant videos in particular.

They do have an app for iPad now, so I'm hoping we'll eventually see one for Android too.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 04:25 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I doubt we'll see an Android app anytime soon. I don't think Amazon views the iPad as a threat to sales of the Fire, whereas 7" Android tablets are a threat.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #7
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I doubt we'll see an Android app anytime soon. I don't think Amazon views the iPad as a threat to sales of the Fire, whereas 7" Android tablets are a threat.
I have had the same thought...but I do hold on to hope.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #8
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Don't Amazon profit from sales of content rather than hardware?

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Don't Amazon profit from sales of content rather than hardware?

Graham
They do, but they also want you to buy the Fire; otherwise, they wouldn't make it. Exclusivity of free Prime Instant Video is an incentive to get you to buy the Fire over a better tablet like the Nexus 7.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #10
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They do, but they also want you to buy the Fire; otherwise, they wouldn't make it. Exclusivity of free Prime Instant Video is an incentive to get you to buy the Fire over a better tablet like the Nexus 7.
Blasphemy, please take it to the religion forum!

and Mr Monk you just wait til Sept 6 and we'll see what you say then.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Quote:
and Mr Monk you just wait til Sept 6 and we'll see what you say then.
I may end up eating cr.. banana
Old 08-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #12
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
I sure wish Amazon streaming would have Closed Captioning. I am severely hearing impaired and need this feature. Even my husband who has normal hearing has a hard time understanding dialog sometimes. I have a Roku box and that allows CC on certain Netfix videos.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I sure wish Amazon streaming would have Closed Captioning. I am severely hearing impaired and need this feature. Even my husband who has normal hearing has a hard time understanding dialog sometimes. I have a Roku box and that allows CC on certain Netfix videos.

Carol
Yes, I have attached an old PC to the TV to watch and while the music and background noise seem normal, speech can be hard to understand at times. Now I am just using VGA and a regular stereo cord for the sound to connect to the TV, I wonder if this would be a lot better with a computer with HDMI?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #14
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
They do, but they also want you to buy the Fire; otherwise, they wouldn't make it. Exclusivity of free Prime Instant Video is an incentive to get you to buy the Fire over a better tablet like the Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I hate to break the forum rules concerning religious posts outside of P&R so soon after Kenny set the monkey straight about the issue, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I sure wish Amazon streaming would have Closed Captioning....
AMEN!!!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #15
kennyc