Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Lokro
Lokro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Save to disk problem

I have calibre almost working for me. I did a lot of searching and couldn't find an answer. I need to get series working and I did get it working and I am very happy with the results. I just have one problem now that I have serious working. It is when I save to disk.

Right now the format I use is

Author - series name - title.extention

Now if I save to disk from a series it works out great, but if I save a book that isn't part of a series I have a format problem. It will save like this

Author - - title.extention

Is there any way I could tweak this to save non-series books with the extra -?

Thanks
Lokro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Lokro.

Help should be arriving soon.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
see http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/template_lang.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
Lokro
Lokro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you for that link! I was able to figure it out with some trial and error to get the formatting I wanted. So far this seems to be doing the trick.

{author_sort:|| - } {series} {series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}
Lokro is offline   Reply With Quote