Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #31
shawn99
shawn99 began at the beginning.

If you bought the KOBO VOX from http://www.kobobooks.com/ forget about returning the item to them. i had the issue(returning the device) escalated to tier 2 twice via the phone representative and still no response from them. it's been over 2 weeks.

Anyone know where I have to send this device? do i have to get a return authorization?

I have to put a complaint with BBB (Better Business Buerea) if this does't get resolved soon.

Last edited by shawn99; 11-18-2011 at 07:24 PM.
shawn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #32
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Read this whole thread. Contact Darrell. His e-mail address is here.

ddiljohn@kobo.com

I think he's being overwhelmed with e-mails about this, but this seems to be the only way to get something done.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #33
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn99 View Post
If you bought the KOBO VOX from http://www.kobobooks.com/ forget about returning the item to them. i had the issue(returning the device) escalated to tier 2 twice via the phone representative and still no response from them. it's been over 2 weeks.

Anyone know where I have to send this device? do i have to get a return authorization?

I have to put a complaint with BBB (Better Business Buerea) if this does't get resolved soon.
Shawn; I hate to say but I do find it kind of surprising that your first post in the Kobo forum's here is now, when you've had ongoing issues for at least two weeks. Especially since you have been a member of these forums since 2007!

Maybe it's kind of harsh of me but, more often than not, discussing with others your issues can help get resolution. Certainly, we might not have been able to solve it, but there are some staff members from Kobo who do look in here and would have given ideas, other's would have referred you to Darrel who has been a fantastic resource, or even, folks would have advised you to try the other possible support routes.

Yes; we all expect the vendor to offer superb support, but, it's also apparent that Kobo has been the victim of their own success here, and have not been able to ramp up their support organization fast enough to handle this brand new platform, and also that quite possibly, they released the unit a tad too soon.

Last edited by PeterT; 11-18-2011 at 09:02 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #34
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Thank goodness I have 30 days to exchange mine if I can't resolve the issue of not being able to load my kobo library or connect to the kobo store.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #35
cristovao
cristovao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn99 View Post

Shawn,

Read this post from Kat. It provides an email to Darrell and a link to the Get Satisfaction web site. I used both and Darrell responded to both within 24 hours and not only had the problem resolved in that time-frame, he also offered come compensation!

I was a fan of Kobo and although this experience tarnished that feeling, Darrell's prompt professionalism as fully restored that faith and then some.

I think like some have commented, Kobo is suffering from their own speedy success. I don't consider that an excuse for poor customer service but at least they're trying to right some wrongs.
cristovao is offline   Reply With Quote