Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #14611
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I think I know which one 5 is, but I simply don't know the original title. It is the one with Bob Saget and the Olsen twins and someone called Tony Stanza I think. God this is frustrating.
You're right about Bob Saget and the Olsen twins, but Tony Danza was in a different one. Think of poker with many people in that thing which has a roof...

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 09-16-2014 at 10:34 AM.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #14612
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
You're right about Bob Saget and the Olsen twins, but Tony Danza was in a different one. Think of poker with many people in that thing which has a roof...
With that hint it's either Two Pairs or Full House. Which one was Danza in? (Why on earth did I think his name was Stanza?, I'm losing my marbles here)
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #14613
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
With that hint it's either Two Pairs or Full House....
...in that thing with a roof...

Danza was in Who's the Boss?, which isn't among the illustrious eight of this quiz.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 09-17-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #14614
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then Full House. Puhh!
Old 09-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #14615
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

At last!

1. Police des plaines - Gunsmoke (poohbear_nc 2) - France (pdurrant 0.5)
2. Drei Mädchen und drei Jungen - The Brady Bunch (Kumabjorn 2) - Germany (pdurrant 0.5)
3. Arcibaldo - All in the Family (orlok 2) - Italy (pdurrant 0.5)
4. Pulmuset - - Finland (Kumabjorn 0.5)
5. Under Samme Tak - Full House (Kumabjorn 2) - Norway (Kumabjorn 0.5)
6. Pod istim krovom
7. 200 dollars plus les frais - - France (pdurrant 0.5)
8. Gizli Dosyalar - The X-Files (Kumabjorn 2) - Turkey (Kumabjorn 0.5)

Standings:
Kumabjorn 7.5 points
pdurrant 2 points
orlok 2 points
poohbear_nc 2 points

Still 6.5 points in the game, so Kumabjorn hasn't quite made it yet...
Old 09-17-2014, 12:43 AM   #14616
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

7 sounds like a title for a private investigator, could it be PI Magnum? But $200 and costs seems expensive for that time period.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:51 AM   #14617
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Good thinking. It's a private investigator. He was good, I guess, to justify the price. Not Magnum though...
Old 09-17-2014, 01:21 AM   #14618
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

The one with Bruce Willis? I can't remember the title of that one though. Wasn't Cybill Shepard in that one too?
Old 09-17-2014, 01:40 AM   #14619
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Was Bruce Willis in a TV series? Anyway, it wasn't him. The actor of the title character died this summer.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:02 AM   #14620
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

James Garner? Omg, what was the name of that series? Maverick comes to mind, but I actually know that it is a western from his youth. This is soo frustrating.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:27 AM   #14621
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Can't help you anymore. If you get this right, you'll win the quiz...
Old 09-17-2014, 04:54 AM   #14622
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
The one with Bruce Willis? I can't remember the title of that one though. Wasn't Cybill Shepard in that one too?
That was "Moonlighting" I think.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:43 AM   #14623
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
That was "Moonlighting" I think.
Yep, I googled it. Not on my list, though the horrible German title "Das Model und der Schnüffler" would have made it a good candidate.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #14624
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
7. The Rockford Files

(It took a while for me to dredge that name up from the depths!)
(And yes, it was James Garner.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:19 AM   #14625
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Correct. (True, I ended up with some pretty old shows...)

1. Police des plaines - Gunsmoke (poohbear_nc 2) - France (pdurrant 0.5)
2. Drei Mädchen und drei Jungen - The Brady Bunch (Kumabjorn 2) - Germany (pdurrant 0.5)
3. Arcibaldo - All in the Family (orlok 2) - Italy (pdurrant 0.5)
4. Pulmuset - - Finland (Kumabjorn 0.5)
5. Under Samme Tak - Full House (Kumabjorn 2) - Norway (Kumabjorn 0.5)
6. Pod istim krovom
7. 200 dollars plus les frais - The Rockford Files (pdurrant 2) - France (pdurrant 0.5)
8. Gizli Dosyalar - The X-Files (Kumabjorn 2) - Turkey (Kumabjorn 0.5)

Standings:
Kumabjorn 7.5 points
pdurrant 4 points
orlok 2 points
poohbear_nc 2 points

Pdurrant coming up from behind, excitement in the final lap!!