Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
PRS-700 Leather Cover?

Anyone know where I could purchase the leather cover that goes with the PRS-700? I really liked that cover......Thanks in advance
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
Anyone know where I could purchase the leather cover that goes with the PRS-700? I really liked that cover......Thanks in advance
There are several companies that sell leather covers for the PRS-700... although I don't know if any of them use the Sony mounting system. There is

http://www.buymedge.com/products/son...-executive.psp

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-execu...249752&sr=1-23

http://oberondesign.com/store/SonyE.php

I think there are others too.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

I appreciate the links, I am looking for the exact piece that came with the PRS-700, I was wondering if there were any parts companies that might sell it separate, I liked the quality on it.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I appreciate the links, I am looking for the exact piece that came with the PRS-700, I was wondering if there were any parts companies that might sell it separate, I liked the quality on it.
Yea, I think the last time I search the Sony parts web site for a replacement case for the Sony 500 it was priced at like $225 or something stupid like that. So, I passed.

BOb
Old 08-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

AUGH, what is that ridiculous price all about? I'm still waiting to hear back from Sony. Has anyone that may have gotten accessory covers that don't use their included covers for their 700 care to sell one?
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
AUGH, what is that ridiculous price all about? I'm still waiting to hear back from Sony. Has anyone that may have gotten accessory covers that don't use their included covers for their 700 care to sell one?
You might also want to put a "Will buy" message in the flea market section here.

BOb
Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
You're really interested in that cheapie looking fake leather cover that came with the 700?
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
yeah. its made out of plastic, not leather.

I thought they had case accessories already though?
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

Not available yet, website still shows preorder, and my local Sonystyle store says they still dont have it available for order yet.

Is it just me, or was that 700 case a very nice quality.....definitely nicer than the PRS-505, no? I liked the thickness, the soft leather feel, and the flexibility where you could fold it back easily.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Hell, I'll give you mine. I bought an M-edge shortly after getting my 700 and have the original cover here on my desk collecting dust.

Quite frankly, your description of the cover definately doesn't jibe with my original cover.

Last edited by Treven; 08-28-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treven View Post
Hell, I'll give you mine. I bought an M-edge shortly after getting my 700 and have the original cover here on my desk collecting dust.

Quite frankly, your description of the cover definately doesn't jibe with my original cover.
Private Message Sent
Old 08-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #12
Treven
Addict

Just send me a private msg with your name & address & I'll get it to you early next week.
I have it sitting right here on my desk (I dug it out) from a stack of pending issues; it was probably right where I left it.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #13
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hey Doug, just noticed they have new covers at the Sony site now. It may seem odd to some, but I like the 700 cover as well. The new 600 appears to have a nicer texture. It is priced at 29.00 if I remember correctly. The available colors are red and black.

Last edited by Journier; 08-28-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: For got to add something.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treven View Post
Just send me a private msg with your name & address & I'll get it to you early next week.
I have it sitting right here on my desk (I dug it out) from a stack of pending issues; it was probably right where I left it.
Thanks again Treven, I will be sure to pay something forward as I really appreciate the generosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journier View Post
Hey Doug, just noticed they have new covers at the Sony site now. It may seem odd to some, but I like the 700 cover as well. The new 600 appears to have a nicer texture. It is priced at 29.00 if I remember correctly. The available colors are red and black.
Thanks for the heads up.....main thing I am nervous of with them is that it will be like the PRS-505 covers that you couldn't fold back......That PRS-700 cover seemed precisely what I am looking for.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #15
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Why not get the cover made for the 600... Sony has them available on their website:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665924173
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote