Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #61
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Maybe some side-effect with the power-saving-machanisms, which aren't in use when the device is running on ac-power.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #62
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
There is one problem with SD-card removal. When safely removing the SD-card the last open documents aren't saved in the dr.ini file. (They are saved though when connecting to the computer.)
Oops it seems that I missed some code that would signal a card-eject.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #63
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Thanks for the update, the new features sound great.

Unfortunately, even though I managed to put version 4 of your patch, version 5 does not seem to work, I get a toolbar and a black screen. I did have the same issue with version 4 but it went away somehow, here it just stays. I believe it is the same issue that owl123 had.

The files were copied manually, when I use stuffit expander on macosx, it does not overwrite anything, put produces Programs1 etc on the device, so I unzip in a directory on the computer and then manually move and replace all the files in the correct positions. It has worked so far for all applications including version 4 of your patch, xournal, fbreader, leafpad, rxvt, midnightcommander, sudoku, gnuplot. Of course I could try to unzip from a terminal if i can remember all the required extensions ....
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #64
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
same result when I use unzip, the screen goes black and then begins to flicker; one can see that it is your patch though because the menu is useable and there is the "set as startpage option" ...
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #65
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

So, done the test. Everything works fine instead of the known bug with the menu after startup. I got the menu for the "normal" startup page (recently read) instead of the menu für epub reading on every boot (different battery levels).
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 02:24 AM   #66
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
same result when I use unzip, the screen goes black and then begins to flicker; one can see that it is your patch though because the menu is useable and there is the "set as startpage option" ...
I send you a PM requesting to zip your unzipped files (or maybe better to zip the Programs/_mackxpatch folder from the SD-card) and send them to me, to see if it has to do with unpacking/copying.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:29 AM   #67
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
So, done the test. Everything works fine instead of the known bug with the menu after startup. I got the menu for the "normal" startup page (recently read) instead of the menu für epub reading on every boot (different battery levels).
Yes the menu and the toolbar get refreshed with the same function, I need to do some debugging on that to see why it is going wrong. When you want the correct menus you can select the Folder-tab and then the document-tab again as a work-around.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 AM   #68
ThR
Tatütatuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Yes the menu and the toolbar get refreshed with the same function, I need to do some debugging on that to see why it is going wrong. When you want the correct menus you can select the Folder-tab and then the document-tab again as a work-around.
I have no problem with the workaround.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:23 AM   #69
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Mackx
I too cant get your new version to install. I have the same Mac issues as above.
I have also tried copying the files further up the directories.
The install shortcut appears to be correct but it doesnt seem to do anything.
Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #70
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Mackx
I too cant get your new version to install. I have the same Mac issues as above.
I have also tried copying the files further up the directories.
The install shortcut appears to be correct but it doesnt seem to do anything.
Howard
I might have missed a library that is needed by zenity. Can you download the latest Xournal (dr-0.6) and copy the libraries (Programs/_base/libs) except poppler to your SD-card?

Or start: /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_mackxpatch/_apply.sh using rxvt and check the output.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #71
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
I also can't get it to install.

In a moment of bad judgement I flashed the firmware and reset the device. Then I accidentally installed the Recent Files hack on the new firmware and got all kinds of weird behaviour, even after flashing again.

After some more flashing, I think it's working again (fingers crossed). But I can't install the new patch anymore. It simply doesn't do anything when I try to install. I can install version p4 but not p5.

Any ideas?

Edit: It seems I can't install anything anymore and this problem persists after firmware flashes, so probably not related to the latest patch. Too frustrated right now to look further into it though....

Last edited by rvs; 10-11-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Further testing
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #72
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Mackx,
I'll have o do it tomorrow, however when you say copy the libraries, do you mean copy the Xournal library into the Mackpatch library ? Or do you just mean to make sure the libraries are actually in the _base folder? Presnetly I have in "_base":
libart_lgpi_2.so.2 and libgnomecanvas-2.so.0 and the libpoppler.so.3

regards, Howard
Old 10-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #73
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Mackx,
I'll have o do it tomorrow, however when you say copy the libraries, do you mean copy the Xournal library into the Mackpatch library ? Or do you just mean to make sure the libraries are actually in the _base folder? Presnetly I have in "_base":
libart_lgpi_2.so.2 and libgnomecanvas-2.so.0 and the libpoppler.so.3

regards, Howard
Yes I mean to copy them into /Programs/_base/lib (they should already be in there if you are using xournal). You should also have libglade-2.0.so.0 in there from the mackxpatch-zipfile? The /Programs/_base/ folder and its subfolders are used by several programs.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #74
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
I also can't get it to install.

In a moment of bad judgement I flashed the firmware and reset the device. Then I accidentally installed the Recent Files hack on the new firmware and got all kinds of weird behaviour, even after flashing again.

After some more flashing, I think it's working again (fingers crossed). But I can't install the new patch anymore. It simply doesn't do anything when I try to install. I can install version p4 but not p5.

Any ideas?

Edit: It seems I can't install anything anymore and this problem persists after firmware flashes, so probably not related to the latest patch. Too frustrated right now to look further into it though....
Is it possible to use rxvt as indicated a few messages up? The output would be interesting (if you still find energy to install patches that is...).
Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #75
pthwaite
Fanatic

Mackx, there is no libglade-2.0.so.0

The problem appears to be the way the MAC copies things. In Windows, copying just copies the additional folders or changed files to the folders, in the MAC it appears to replace the Folder with the "copied" one so you don't always get everything copied over.

I just need to check the mackxpatch and xournal files are all where they should be now in the programs directory and then I'll try again tomorrow.

Howard