Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #1
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Question Disconnect Wifi?

Hi,

First, kudos to you all, for your work AND for the courage necessary to dare do it! Second, a question, I think it was Commander that brought it up before, but I never saw an answer to his question: apparently the wifi is always on, and it's just the connection that goes on and off. This must obviously be part of the reason for the low battery life. Is it possible at the moment to have a file to turn the wifi off, and another to turn it on again, or are you guys still investigating how to do that? You see, I for one don't want to be doing any internet browsing on the iLiad, but would love having some more battery for reading, hehe.

Thanks, Ela.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
wireless.sh stop contains "iwpriv $wifiIf deepsleep 1". So I assume either turning off the wifi is working, or it is currently impossible because deepsleep isn't implemented in the kernel module.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

Ah, okay... I thought I'd read... Arivero?... saying that it was always on, just the connection was being stopped. We'll have to wait for the updates then.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
I could be wrong then. I had not access to the wireless.sh content.

(My machine will come Monday. I hope)
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:12 AM   #5
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

I also hope. Actually, apparently I was having hallucinations, and my machine has never been, never will be, what were you thinking of?, in Paris... strange, but the tracking has lost that line, and is now just "out of Dusseldorf" since the 19th, but not arrived anywhere. ???
Advert
Old 07-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
That's a strange status...it should have arrived a while ago...shiping inside europe is 2 days with Standard UPS I think...maybe you should call UPS and ask them what they did with your package...maybe they lost it...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 AM   #7
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

I know, I sent them a mail yesterday, they replied it would be here on the 24th, which sounds late to me, as you say, it should be 2 days... but patience, if it doesn't arrive on Monday, I'll get stroppy (and believe me, I can get VERY stroppy about not being business-like!)