Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #31
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quintin Jardine writes three series of crime novels - I like his characters better than Rankin's Rebus, especially the Bob Skinner books.

Or there's Ellis Peters' Cadfael books for medieval mysteries.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #32
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
How about
Ruth Rendell (CI Wexford)
Dorothy Simpson (Inspector Thanet) - just published as ebooks
Ruth Dudley Edwards (Amiss & Troutbeck)

There's also Bill Knox's Thane & Moss series, but unfortunately they're not available as ebooks .
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #33
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
If you can find them, Colin Watson's Flaxborough series.

Coffin Scarcely Used.
Hopjoy was Here.
Whatever's Going on at Mumblesby?
and others.

The novels are all set in and around Flaxborough, a largish (mythical) town in East Anglia, and have some of the most engaging villains and victims you are ever likely to meet. Good detective stories, but definitely a bit different (i.e. funny). There are a dozen or so, written from the early 60s into the early 80s. I've only every found about half of them so far.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #34
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
I really appreciate all the recommendations!
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote