Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #301
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You may certainly request it, but my answer is "download the omnibus". Does it matter that you've already read most of what's in it? Are you short of disk space?

Sorry, but it just strikes me as completely wasted effort to repost what's already in an omnibus as separate books.

If you want to do it yourself, go ahead .
I guess I could (just download the omnibus). I did download the Professor Challenger Omnibus even though I read "The Lost World" already, if it makes you feel better
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #302
ReD
Enthusiast
ReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-700, PRS-300, PRS-T1, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Ok, I'll do them over the next day or two.
Thanks! You're the best!!!
ReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #303
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Alright, I just downloaded the Sherlock Holmes omnibus

Can I put in a request for "Tale of a Tub" by Jonathan Swift?

I can make LRF files, but I feel kind of like a jerk doing so since I can't covert to anything else.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #304
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Alright, I just downloaded the Sherlock Holmes omnibus

Can I put in a request for "Tale of a Tub" by Jonathan Swift?

I can make LRF files, but I feel kind of like a jerk doing so since I can't covert to anything else.
I'll do that for you, lilac. It'll be up in a few days.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #305
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I'll do that for you, lilac. It'll be up in a few days.
Thanks!!!!
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #306
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD View Post
Thanks! You're the best!!!
Understatement! (if that's possible using the superlative)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #307
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Understatement! (if that's possible using the superlaxative)
..corrected spelling mistake ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #308
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
One book I'd really like to have as an eBook is "The Intellectual Life" by Philip Gilbert Hamerton. 1895 I think. It has became a sort of classic and has been reprinted.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #309
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
One book I'd really like to have as an eBook is "The Intellectual Life" by Philip Gilbert Hamerton. 1895 I think. It has became a sort of classic and has been reprinted.
It is available at The Internet Archive here:
http://www.archive.org/details/intel...life00hameuoft
in PDF, djvu, flip book or text formats.

My to-do list is currently rather long but, if no-one else has got there first, I may have a go at converting it in a month or two.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #310
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It is available at The Internet Archive here:
http://www.archive.org/details/intel...life00hameuoft
in PDF, djvu, flip book or text formats.

My to-do list is currently rather long but, if no-one else has got there first, I may have a go at converting it in a month or two.
Mine's rather long, too and I have been rather busy lately, so sorry for the "Tale of A Tub" not being uploaded yet. I have begun working on it, but it's quite a toughie and I seem to be desperately in need of time, lately. So please be patient for a little while longer, okay?
Old 04-03-2009, 05:02 AM   #311
Gaspode
Gaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaspode possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, iPhone
Any recomendations for the free downloads?

I'm a new forum member, so I appologise if I have missed the answer to my question in another thread.

I am somewhat overwhelmed by the sheer volume of free e-books available for download and I am looking for some recomendations as to what would be good for me to read.

I will list the authors that I like at the end of this post, but I am interested to know if anyone has read books in the downloads that they would recomend to someone with my tastes. It's probably a big ask, I know.

Also, is there some kind of book club where we pick a book (available from the free downloads), read it and then discuss it? That would be great.

For the following authors, I have read all of their books. This should give a good indication of my likes. It may be that I should forget the free books and keep buying from the authors I like when the e-books are available:

Terry Pratchett
Tom Clancy
Lee Child
Douglas Adams
Philip Pulman
Thomas Harris
Dan Brown
Grant Naylor

I have also read a few books from these authors:

David Baldacci
Stephen Coonts
Michael Crichton
Dale Brown
Robert Harris
Michael Connelly
Robert Ludlum
Stephen Coonts
Ben Elton

Any recomendations greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave.
Gaspode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #312
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspode View Post
Also, is there some kind of book club where we pick a book (available from the free downloads), read it and then discuss it? That would be great.
Yes, there is.
The MobileRead Book Club - we've just voted for the next read 'Neptune Crossing' by Jeffrey Carver.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:21 AM   #313
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds as though you like thrillers. Have a go at the first volume of my "H. Rider Haggard" anthology; I think you'll find him to be the equal of any modern thriller writer.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #314
mtravellerh
book creator

I recommend E. Phillips Oppenheim and William LeQueux
Old 04-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #315
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It sounds as though you like thrillers. Have a go at the first volume of my "H. Rider Haggard" anthology; I think you'll find him to be the equal of any modern thriller writer.
I'd second that and tell you that Harry's editions are all very clean and well done.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote