Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #16
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
With so many people offering quality mirrors, who needs BT?
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #17
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I've updated the first post with a better mirror.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
I've updated the first post with a better mirror.
It says "Please wait while counter stops, then click the link..." but there is no counter and I cannot click the link ;(
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #19
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Just tested it in IE and firefox.

The download link is kind of hidden. Scroll down to the bottom and look for:

Quote:
Download link
iliad-dev.tar.bz2
vmWare Development Environment for the iRex iLiad.
size: 721.60 Mb, downloads: 8

Last edited by Adam B.; 03-30-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I found the link by scanning it through "View Page Info -> Links" in Firefox
Advert
Old 03-30-2007, 04:52 PM   #21
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I'm uploading it to MR"s ftp site....should fix those sorts of problems.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:25 AM   #22
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Edit: oops, hit submit too soon. It'll be up in about 2 hours.

The file is 756MB
Fast Mirror: http://adamb.files-upload.com/files/...ad-dev.tar.bz2
Crappy Mirror: http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=a8a17db

On Windows, you'll need a program like WinRar (shareware) or 7-zip (open source freeware) to extract it.

This file is a trimmed down version of the VMware virtual image that I am using for development. It has *many* libraries already compiled and installed. It also has vncserver setup and an iLiad scratchbox area for testing apps.

Login Information:
Username: root
Password: password

Username: developer
Password: password

VNC Server password: password

How to use:
Download VMWare Player or Server: http://www.vmware.com/download/player/

Install player, and open virtual machine. It should start and run without problems. I reccmend you connect to the machine through putty on windows, since it is a better interface for console development.

To change between development and testing environments, type sb-menu at the prompt, and then choose select. You will want to select iliad-dev for compiling applications, and iliad-irex for testing.

You can find instructions for compiling and testing here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ilia...cial_toolchain

Also, if anyone knows a better place to put a file this large, let me know. Megashares is nice, but it must have 7 downloads every 25 days to keep it alive...

The Fast Mirror isn't working anymore. 404-File not found.
I guess it has been removed.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:16 AM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

henk, are you behind a proxy? The download would only work from file-uploads if you download from the same location as the one you used when you first visited file-uploads.

Anyways, I am downloading it right now and will move it to another of our servers as soon as it's complete. Should be up in 2 hours (file-uploads is kinda slow with 100kb/s right now).

Code:
gaius@debian:/home# wget http://download3-6.files-upload.com/2007-03/31/13/iliad-dev.tar.bz2
--07:05:33--  http://download3-6.files-upload.com/2007-03/31/13/iliad-dev.tar.bz2
           => `iliad-dev.tar.bz2'
Resolving download3-6.files-upload.com... 88.85.90.41
Connecting to download3-6.files-upload.com|88.85.90.41|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 756,656,635 (722M) [application/octet-stream]

6% [=====>                                                                                   ] 52,359,168   114.09K/s  ETA 1:55:00
Old 03-31-2007, 09:42 AM   #24
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I've updated the first post. I put it on the projects ftp server...
Old 03-31-2007, 10:18 AM   #25
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
I've updated the first post. I put it on the projects ftp server...
Thanks, I also added another mirror.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:31 PM   #26
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Just to be on the safe side, here's another mirror:

http://vranghel.dreamhosters.com/Med...ad-dev.tar.bz2

speed ~350 KBps
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by vranghel
Just to be on the safe side, here's another mirror:

http://vranghel.dreamhosters.com/Med...ad-dev.tar.bz2

speed ~350 KBps
Great, thank you! I added it to Adam's first post as well.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #28
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Why not create a torrent out of it and reduce the bandwidth load on everyone?
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #29
EricBetts
Student
EricBetts began at the beginning.

Device: Thinking about getting a iLiad
Bittorrent was mentioned in the previous page as requiring a threshold number of users to realistically sustain a good speed for downloading users. I think that since this is a download-once file by a smaller group of people, mirrors are the best solution. I copied the file to my student space here at OSU. Its available at

http://oregonstate.edu/~bettse/files/iliad-dev.tar.bz2

~Eric
EricBetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:57 AM   #30
Oskar Wahlberg
Linux rookie
Oskar Wahlberg began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
VMware image on Mac os x

Just thought I should inform that the VMware image also works fine with VMware Fusion ( beta ) running under mac os x. I guess it would be possible to get the toolchain to run natively but the image with a ready dev env was very nice.

Is there any sample apps with code or "howto's" that I can download and compile to make sure it all works ok before I dev my own stuff?

Thanx for taking the time to putting it together and making it available to us all.
Oskar Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote