Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #361
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's right - a translation has its own copyright, entirely independent of that of the original, so Anthea Bell's translation will be in copyright until 70 years after her death.
If you're reading german, we could upload the german version without a problem.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #362
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Unfortunately, I don't read german. Will have to buy the pback - more litter. Grrhh..... I really don't like pbacks any more.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #363
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Unfortunately, I don't read german. Will have to buy the pback - more litter. Grrhh..... I really don't like pbacks any more.
It is available as an ebook, Bookcat, e.g. here:
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ok&BOOK=631905
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:29 AM   #364
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Patricia, but I think that's overpriced for an ebook. I might try to buy a cheaper copy from Amazon.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 AM   #365
BookCat
C L J

Me again! If "A Writer's Diary" by Virginia Woolf is PD, I would be very grateful if someone would upload this. I've been looking for it everywhere, but can't find it on any free sites. Does this mean that the editing or something is in copyright?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #366
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Me again! If "A Writer's Diary" by Virginia Woolf is PD, I would be very grateful if someone would upload this. I've been looking for it everywhere, but can't find it on any free sites. Does this mean that the editing or something is in copyright?
The diaries were edited after Woolf's death and published between 1977 and 1984 in twelve volumes. These now have their own copyright. So I'm afraid that we can't upload them.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #367
BookCat
C L J

Thanks for the info Patricia. Will probably purchase the pback. I read this from the library. It's composed of extracts from her diaries; the extracts relate to her life as a writer.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #368
funetiks
funetiks began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Sony, HiEbook, REB
Chernyshevsky's 'What is to be done?'

I'm looking for an English translation of Chernyshevsky's Что делать (What is to be Done?). I've found PDF scans through Internet Archive and Google Books, but I'm hoping to find a clean text before I attempt OCR.

This is quite an important book. Dostoevsky's Notes from (the) Underground is perhaps the most famous response. I'm surprised that I could not find it in Project Gutenberg...

Thanks in advance!
funetiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #369
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by funetiks View Post
I'm looking for an English translation of Chernyshevsky's Что делать (What is to be Done?). I've found PDF scans through Internet Archive and Google Books, but I'm hoping to find a clean text before I attempt OCR.

This is quite an important book. Dostoevsky's Notes from (the) Underground is perhaps the most famous response. I'm surprised that I could not find it in Project Gutenberg...

Thanks in advance!
According to the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Is...Done%3F_(novel) it was not translated into English until 1973 which means it is still under copyright. Translations get a new copyright by the translator.

You might look at http://www.archive.org/details/whatstobedonerom00cher which claims an earlier translation. Perhaps you can use it.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 05-10-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: more data.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:11 AM   #370
BookCat
C L J

If it's PD (he died in 1939), I would be very grateful if someone could upload "It was the nightingale" by Ford Madox Ford. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:49 AM   #371
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If it's PD (he died in 1939), I would be very grateful if someone could upload "It was the nightingale" by Ford Madox Ford. Thanks.
Yes, everything by Ford Madox Ford is in PD. I am, however, not aware of a scan of this particular work.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 05-11-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #372
funetiks
funetiks began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Sony, HiEbook, REB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
According to the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Is...Done%3F_(novel) it was not translated into English until 1973 which means it is still under copyright. Translations get a new copyright by the translator.
The Wikipedia date is wrong.

The Dole and Skidelsky translation was published in 1886 by Thomas Y. Crowell & Co. and is most definitely in the public domain.

There is a PDF scan on Google Books, but the quality is not so good, making OCR a challenge...

Tom
funetiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:55 AM   #373
Kena
Kena began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey guys, I'm looking for a copy of the Asetian Bible by Luis Marques in ebook form. Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?

For anyone unfamiliar with it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asetian-Bibl.../dp/9899569402
Kena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 AM   #374
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This book is not in the public domain, given that it was published in 2007. Please do not use this forum to request copyrighted works.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:45 AM   #375
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This book is not in the public domain, given that it was published in 2007. Please do not use this forum to request copyrighted works.

Thanks.
I guess Kena was asking if there is an ebook version. To find that out, use inkmesh.com and do a search there. It seems not to be available in digital form yet.