Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2006, 06:59 AM   #16
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
But you cant save anything there. The xpi plugins have full acces to the filesystem
As I am learning now -not in the iLiad-, the xpi "tars" (actually, pkzips?) are always granted "chrome" access if the user validates it, but I am not sure if in this case (modyfied minimo browser) javascript alone, as from a .xul file, has already some privilege.

I have been using the dump of 2.4 to look at the usr/lib/mozilla-minimo and it seems complete enough.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 AM   #17
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Yes, if we could get anything "installed" we would have complete access on the browser. But since they messed with the temp folder, which seems to be necessary, we cant get anything on the machine via the minimo browser.

Javascript which is not installed has only limited access.

Only thing that might get us in with minimo is some bug that allows malicious code to be executed.

But i dont have the time to look for something like that.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:56 AM   #18
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
To add two cents:

I'm fed up. I'll wait for the SDK and the outcome of Riocaz' support nightmare. Until then, I'll use the device for reading books, and I'll tell my friends to wait before ordering.

And then, if there is a SDK, and if it really opens the machine, and if I can get a reinstall for much less than 75 Euros, I'll start writing/porting some applications. But not now.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote