Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Kindle Touch available again?

It looks like Kindle Touch is available again in stock on the US Amazon store: here. It's available with special offers ($99) and without ($139).

It's not available (yet?) in EU stores.

Last edited by pirl8; 03-26-2013 at 09:42 AM.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
NICE FIND!

Checks piggy bank *moths fly out*

For me that was/is the best multi-purpose kindle ever.

Kind of anomalous that they want 40$ to remove the special offers on that, yet only $20 for the equivalent paperwhite... huh

Last edited by twobob; 03-26-2013 at 08:57 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
For me that was/is the best multi-purpose kindle ever.
I almost agree.

Having now a PaperWhite I can say that it's screen quality is excellent. It's design also seems better but IMHO it's only because it's newer and I'm still not used to it. I like also the smart cover switch off sensor.

By the way 4GB, audio, home button (which seems a minor detail but it isn't) and the fact that it's easily rootable make the KT still my favourite. And it's hardware has not been fully exploited by Amazon: integrated microphone, accelerometer...

KindleDream: a Paperwhite display on KT hardware, in a K4 case (with back and forward button) and a microSD slot.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
KindleDream: a Paperwhite display on KT hardware, in a K4 case (with back and forward button) and a microSD slot.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

WITH SOUND!!!! (and a mic)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Nice find. Very interesting that they brought it back.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Nice find. Very interesting that they brought it back.
Probably selling off old stock.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I thought that too... Would love another one "For the sad day my current one dies"

: (
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Probably, as I assume they aren't producing new ones, but I wonder why they removed it at all if they still had stock left. It's been gone for awhile now.

For anyone who wants a great touch e-reader and doesn't need a light it's a good opportunity for them.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

It is probably still highly requested much like K3 Keyboard model. The PW was a washout to many, including myself. I personally don't think there will ever be a good eInk reader with ANY kind of added layer, be it a light or whatever. Unless of course the laws of physics suddenly change. Many people could never adjust to an eInk reader without a physical keyboard, and now many can not adjust to an eInk with a lighted layer that can cause unwanted shadows, blurring, and color blobs. And don't forget the points of light that occur on many PWs. The PW was definitely NOT Amazon's finest hour. Far from it.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I agree. I still have my Touch. Very good device indeed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
eumie
Enthusiast
eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 4, Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kindle Oasis 2
Glad to see they brought it back for now. Lack of audio in the PW was a no-go for me since I often make use of the TTS and Audible support in the Touch (and the K3 I used to have). Lack of space was an issue for me, too. 2G of space isn't enough if you've got a lot of sideloaded manga/comics.

But if they bumped up the storage space and put that Ivona software to work in a new version of the PW, I'd have my wallet open.
eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
It is probably still highly requested much like K3 Keyboard model. The PW was a washout to many, including myself. I personally don't think there will ever be a good eInk reader with ANY kind of added layer, be it a light or whatever. Unless of course the laws of physics suddenly change. Many people could never adjust to an eInk reader without a physical keyboard, and now many can not adjust to an eInk with a lighted layer that can cause unwanted shadows, blurring, and color blobs. And don't forget the points of light that occur on many PWs. The PW was definitely NOT Amazon's finest hour. Far from it.
Too many "many"'s in that statement = broad generalization ...all new technologies have their glitches and learning curves. As I can only speak for myself, I find the PW to be the best of the current e-readers for my needs. While I do look forward to anticipated improvements, I am extremely satisfied with the product at hand.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Not available via Amazon in the UK (although refurbished units are still on sale for £85), but for some reason they are back in stock at Tesco Direct for £99 (3G model too for £169!).
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
As soon as I heard about the update to make the Touch UI like the PW UI, I had to get one. I got a used one with lighted case, and I love it! I like that it has much more storage. I do like the PW better, with the integral light and the auto on/off. I use both, love them!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote