Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
tamole
tamole has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Droid X
eReader.com new Android app conversion

I've been converting ePubs to .pdb with great success. Now eReader.com has a new beta Android app (not to be confused the B&N's ereader app). When I transfer my successfully converted .pdb books to the Droid X, the only thing that opens is the metadata I inserted. The body of the book won't open. I tried a conversion without inserting the metadata, but then the book doesn't even show up in the library. Then I tried converting to plain .doc and ztxt but with the same result. No book in the library. I emailed their tech support people and got a response saying it had to be a .pdb file and to use their software Drop Book or eBook Studio for conversions. I could do that, but I'd rather have the beautifully converted Calibre ebooks. I could also use a different reader for my device, but their app has all the best features, mainly autoscroll so I don't get carpal tunnel syndrome in my thumb from flipping pages. So . . . if anyone has any suggestions, please share.

Last edited by tamole; 07-23-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: tags
tamole is offline   Reply With Quote