Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
No one told me the K2 Box was so small!!

K2 arrived a day early. When I saw the box in front of the door, I thought it was the M-Edge cover I ordered.

As others have said, it is way smaller than you'd think by looking at the pictures.

I won't get to play with it much until the weekend but then WATCH OUT. I'll be testing and posting all over the place.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Cant wait to see what ya got to say Daffy.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I'm jealous. Just not jealous enough to buy one!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I'm jealous. Just not jealous enough to buy one!
I'm jealous enough to buy one. Just not going to.

But, if I do win that powerball saturday night, Kindles for all my MR friends.

(my current friends. All future friend requests will be scrutinized)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #5
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm jealous enough to buy one. Just not going to.

But, if I do win that powerball saturday night, Kindles for all my MR friends.

(my current friends. All future friend requests will be scrutinized)

BOb
I'm putting my name in the friend box just in case!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
SCTrojans83
SCTrojans83 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Yeah, same reaction from me. I went to my office mailroom and was asking for my package, when i ignored the little box thinking that it was not for me. I was so worrried that it was only the leather cover in the box and that they forgot to pack the kindle itself.
SCTrojans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ha! I'm not the only one who thought it was a Kindle cover.

The box is 1 1/2 inches thick. The Kindle itself is the thickness of my iPod Touch (not the new one with the volume control).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2260057.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	24684   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2260058.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	24685   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2280072.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	24686   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2280073.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	24687  
Old 02-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I had a similar reaction. It's small, but not exactly teeny tiny either.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

In comparison to the K1 box, it is teeny tiny. The K1 box was 3 1/3 inches think and *it* was inside another box. Way less packaging this time around.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
CRoss
Bibliophile
CRoss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Mine came in the same box as the cover my husband had ordered unbeknownst to me. Until I actually opened the slightly bigger box that contained my Kindle I wasn't completely sure what it was. Color me surprised!
CRoss is offline   Reply With Quote