Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Amazon trade-in

I noticed the other day Amazon offering trade in with not only $20 towards a new kindle but money in your account depending on condition. I had a kindle keyboard that had a broken screen. I had sat on it and it was out of warranty. I sent it back expecting to get $5. Not much but it is free to send back and I had no intentions of trying to fix it. Got an email yesterday, they updated condition to working and gave me $30. Cool. I guess they consider a broken screen only to be still working. Wonder if they replace the screen themselves or sell such devices to another company who does. Glad I kept it rather than tossing.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Cool! You got more for Broken K3 than I did for one in Great Condition! $20 Wonder who decides this? hummm
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Cool! You got more for Broken K3 than I did for one in Great Condition! $20 Wonder who decides this? hummm
Don'r know, maybe they like me
Old 01-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Cool that they did that. Do you remember how long it took to get it processed? I am sending mine in tomorrow and am very anxious to get the credit for a new kindle.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:32 AM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
They say within a week of receiving it, you should get some kind of information. I'm sending in 3 old kindles (2 keyboard and 1 6"graphite). Customer service says I can apply all $60 of bonus money to a single kindle purchase. All 3 kindles work, but they've seen better days and family members don't want them. Applying the $$ I get for the kindles, a new Kindle Voyage will only be about $50.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-29-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:33 AM   #6
janrey
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Cool that they did that. Do you remember how long it took to get it processed? I am sending mine in tomorrow and am very anxious to get the credit for a new kindle.
They received it Saturday, I got the email Wednesday.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:52 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine was a week. Guess it depends on how many they get a day...some one has to check them out before you get the refund.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #8
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I've got an old kindle touch [graphite] that I don't use anymore and a kindle 4 who's buttons are starting to go [I've worn them out I think] and am thinking of doing this. How much of a pain is it to send stuff back in?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
Jack Torrance
“Here’s Johnny
Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG - 9.7 iPad - iPhone 12PM - Macbook Pro
They say my DXG in perfect condition is only worth $5.
Jack Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:40 PM   #10
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
It is very simple and easy to send stuff back to Amazon. They will even supply the shipping labels for you to print.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:46 PM   #11
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
My kindle keyboard is in pristine shape. I really didn't use it that much. It has a nice decal from DecalGirl, which is still in perfect condition. Does anyone know if I should remove the decal before sending my k3 in for $$?
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:54 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

IF they come off easy & leave no Sticky stuff behind leave it otherwise remove & clean it up best you can
Old 01-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #13
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
My kindle keyboard is in pristine shape. I really didn't use it that much. It has a nice decal from DecalGirl, which is still in perfect condition. Does anyone know if I should remove the decal before sending my k3 in for $$?
I wouldn't bother. I suspect they're probably just trashing the things.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #14
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
If you have 2 Kindles do you have to return them separately? I did not see a way to send more than one per address label. I suppose I could put 2 in the box and they will figure it out.
Looking a a Voyage if this works out.
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:20 PM   #15
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
You do not have to remove the decal. Just wrap in bubble wrap and box it. Print out the label and drop off at UPS. I could not bring myself to send in a pristine keyboard kindle - I kept the one I had left because it works perfectly and I do love keyboard kindles. On the other hand, $45 seems to be the top price you can get on ebay without a case.

Apparently, the working kindles are being donated although I don't know the particulars. One of the senior group residences all received free older kindles (new batteries) over the summer from the last buy back. They included some extras since they expected some to fail. Most of these folks need bigger text to read, so this really helps! All work with our library system. I side load scifi for a couple of residents since I have lots of that and the library does not.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-17-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote