Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-30-2015, 04:39 AM   #1
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Calibre not adding "Comments" to metadata

I've been spending a lot of time updating my books' metadata. I noticed something peculiar - once every so often I download metadata, select the best option, and then for some reason everything except the comments field is updated.

Why would that be?
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:53 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF View Post
I've been spending a lot of time updating my books' metadata. I noticed something peculiar - once every so often I download metadata, select the best option, and then for some reason everything except the comments field is updated.

Why would that be?
@AMF - I'm not sure about this, but if you don't have the Comments column checked for a source, and it happened to be the one you regarded as 'best', then maybe it wouldn't update it. eg

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	523
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	134329

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:03 AM   #3
AMF
Enthusiast

@BR, I must be dozing, but where do i find the option in your attachment?
Old 01-30-2015, 05:06 AM   #4
AMF
Enthusiast

@BR, found it thanks! Yes, that was the problem!

Tags
calibre, comments