Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Miners4k

Here's a 1000th post present.

http://mojang.com/notch/j4k2k6/miners4k

Miners4k

I didn't see that one coming.

It needs Java

It expects a java binary in mnt/us/jdk/bin

If you don't like that, or have a different java install, tinker with the shell scripts. I tested it with the ARM JDK found on the Oracle website.

Press the power button to exit.

Changelog (since the last update in the other thread):
Spoiler:

First Release:
-Made it work

TODO:
Spoiler:

-Make the above ground painting less, well, weird.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_11T20_55_19+0000.png
Views:	407
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	115046  
Attached Files
File Type: gz mine.tar.gz (7.61 MB, 170 views)
File Type: gz A.java.gz (7.4 KB, 137 views)
File Type: gz mine_patch.gz (790 Bytes, 142 views)

Last edited by icantbebothered; 11-12-2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added patch and source
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
If possible, would you mind posting a diff between your changes and original source? That way it's easy to see exact changes made, and it's also easy to redo in case of say - hard drive failure

Thanks! I don't have a java install, yet - I'll see if I can find the one you mean?

Do I need a JDK or just runtime? like this? http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ase/index.html

Which one is right for a touch?

Last edited by brianinmaine; 11-11-2013 at 10:08 PM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
IIRC can softlink the cvm occurrence as "java" in /usr/local/bin... remind me /where/ cvm lives again?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
If possible, would you mind posting a diff between your changes and original source? That way it's easy to see exact changes made, and it's also easy to redo in case of say - hard drive failure

Thanks! I don't have a java install, yet - I'll see if I can find the one you mean?

Do I need a JDK or just runtime? like this? http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ase/index.html

Which one is right for a touch?
I've attatched a patch and the source to the top post.

You don't actually need a jdk, any runtime enviroment will work if you change the shell script. Here's the jdk I used anyway:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880260.html

The Linux ARM v6/v7 soft float ABI.

Last edited by icantbebothered; 11-12-2013 at 12:34 PM.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
IIRC can softlink the cvm occurrence as "java" in /usr/local/bin... remind me /where/ cvm lives again?
sounds interesting? a kind of java is already on a kindle, right? would save quite a bit of space...

Thanks for the patch and program!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yeah I gave it a quick go. seems like it is missing a couple of classes. notably Zip and the Jframe stuff as far is I an tell for this project. But yeah cvm is a cut-down java and lives on the device.

I did get this "running" on a kindle 3 just for kicks. but the visual output was a fail. (but it did "run")
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
java, miners4k