Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
MeMe
it appears to be Random (I have not determined the prerequisite)

When it crashes, it is very shortly after selecting the 'Create HTML TOC' (I don't remember seeing it trying to show before the crash).

I have done previous saves, S&R, edits (cleaning up EPUBS).

Since I am the only report on Windows 7.2(a). Let's wait for more reports/logs
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #32
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Since I am the only report on Windows 7.2(a). Let's wait for more reports/logs
Seen the same here. If what I could briefly see on the screen it crashed after the new TOC was in but I can't be 100% sure.

I did get it to work the second time on the same file. Tried it on another file and it worked correctly first time.

Same operating system here.
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #33
SusanM
Bemused by possibilities
SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Kobo
Thanks so much for this incredible tool. Many of the apps I use have been sold to Google or other companies and yet your app remains free and accessible to all. Good Karma to you!
SusanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #34
SusanM
Bemused by possibilities
SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,

When you select "Add a cover", you can choose a regular image, but my SVG cover (cover.svg) doesn't show as a selection. Only a jpeg cover.

Not a big issue, but thought I would post.

Susan
Old 04-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #35
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanM View Post
Hi,

When you select "Add a cover", you can choose a regular image, but my SVG cover (cover.svg) doesn't show as a selection. Only a jpeg cover.
Yes, I left off .svg as Add Cover was meant to be used for creating a cover html file using a jpg/png that would be wrapped svg, and I didn't expect that cover images would be in svg format to begin with. Something to look at. If people are using svg files for their actual images then it's easy enough to add them.

It's possible that using an svg file will cause an issue with the svg wrapped default code I used, but since the HTML that is put into the cover html file can be modified by you, you would have the ability to fix it.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #36
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
MeMe
It's just meme

Quote:
it appears to be Random (I have not determined the prerequisite)

When it crashes, it is very shortly after selecting the 'Create HTML TOC' (I don't remember seeing it trying to show before the crash).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyhands View Post
Seen the same here. If what I could briefly see on the screen it crashed after the new TOC was in but I can't be 100% sure.

I did get it to work the second time on the same file. Tried it on another file and it worked correctly first time.
Ah, random - makes it trickier to track down. Will have a look. Thanks.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #37
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Haven't used it yet, only read the changelog; but thank you for making preview window zoom independent of bookview. I don't know if I was the only one to make that feature request, but rest assured many of us will love the new zooming!

Well done, guys.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #38
SusanM
Bemused by possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Yes, I left off .svg as Add Cover was meant to be used for creating a cover html file using a jpg/png that would be wrapped svg, and I didn't expect that cover images would be in svg format to begin with. Something to look at. If people are using svg files for their actual images then it's easy enough to add them.

It's possible that using an svg file will cause an issue with the svg wrapped default code I used, but since the HTML that is put into the cover html file can be modified by you, you would have the ability to fix it.
Thanks for you prompt reply, meme. Illustrations for covers are becoming really popular again, so I wonder if more and more designers will export to SVG from Illustrator or other vector programs, rather than converting to a JPEG or PNG. Any designers out there with thoughts on this?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #39
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
There does seem to be a problem with Tidy all HTML files, in more than one file, on more than one Windows 7 computer. I don't know if it's new to 0.7.2.

Tidy current file works. Tidy all does nothing. Just me?
It seems I have the same problem, but in Windows 8. Some days ago I upgraded Sigil from 7.0 to 7.2. Before I didn't have the Tidy-problem, but Sigil 7.0 crashed once every while.
Tidy all only works when reopening the file (after closing).
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To be honest, I'd rather fix the code by hand then rely on Tidy to do it. The only thing I like Tidy for is to fix the formatting when the formatting is a mess. Like when some ePub don't have line ends. Tidy does fix that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #41
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
To be honest, I'd rather fix the code by hand then rely on Tidy to do it. The only thing I like Tidy for is to fix the formatting when the formatting is a mess. Like when some ePub don't have line ends. Tidy does fix that.
Do you mean the case when there are no line ends between <p> and </p>, as in some kind of "pretty print" tidy (i.e. editing the code view, only), or something else?

Long ago, before Sigil, I learned the hard way not to trust the stand-alone "htmltidy" to fix my .html files, except for certain controlled circumstances. Therefore, in Sigil, even though tidy has been extensively re-coded, I still only use "pretty print tidy" for readability in code view. Like you, I still prefer to fix by hand. Software has been, in my experience, singularly unable to understand what I intended. I don't trust it to fix my code, but pointing to errors is (usually) useful.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote