Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
Still wondering why it has never actually achieved a "full release" versioning aka 1.0? It's mature, well-loved, and constantly improved. Surely we can consider it out of alpha?
There is a whole new back end in test.

There is a mindset that once out of Alpha (V1.x) a product is now stable.

Every week:
some device comes along that needs/changes the support required by Calibre

A News or Metadata source changes their WEB interface and requires new support from Calibre.

Only M$ expects you to keep buying upgrades to support newer devices .
(W3=> W3.11 to get network. W95 =W95c to get USB1.0 . W98 to get USB that just worked <someone want to refresh my memory why we needed WMe > )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Knowledge about regexps is very useful in other applications as well, and when programming and scripting.

So it is a very good investment to learn how to use them. There are a lot of resources and tutorials out on the net. And many books on the subject.

At one time it was hinted that the multiuser calibre, suitable for use in networks, would be version 1.0. Since then that has been retracted. But perhaps that still is the intention?

There should be some big change/update with 1.0. Not for any real reason, just because 1.0 is so different from 0.9.xxxx.

Last edited by Adoby; 08-11-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will hit 1.0 when the new backend is out of testing.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
sequoia1
sequoia1 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ebookwise, reb1200
Adoby please respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia1 View Post
I am only a "user" of calibre with no knowledge or understanding of programing .
Having said that : I REALLY need more help.

Adoby: you say that I can use the send to function which will include the title the way "I" want it. Again, after much reading I have managed to get this :
Carla Neggers - Rock Point.epub with this command
{author_sort}/{authors}/{authors} - {title}

BUT I want it to read :
Carla Neggers - [Sharpe & Donovan 00.5] Rock Point.epub

with the brackets etc as above.

so I have added the Series and order number in the title itself.
IF you would PLEASE give me the actual command line so that I can just copy / paste it into the calibre program to do the naming the way I want; and then IF it shows up after loaded into an ebook app ... I would be delirious!!!!
sequoia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

{authors} - {series:|[| }{series_index:0>4.1f||] }{title}

Not tested, but should be pretty close. Note that this is only for the filename, not the metadata embedded in the file. It is not sure that the app displays the filename. Then you'll have to create a plugboard instead.

See also:
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/temp...and-plugboards

Last edited by Adoby; 08-16-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Advert
Old 08-22-2013, 01:38 AM   #21
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Hi again guys... had a chance to play around a bit with the regular expressions that were recommended.

That helped me with the titles that have a hyphen in them.
Not able to figure out how to write an expression for titles that just have sequence numbers in them (either at the beginning, or somewhere in the title) that need to be removed.

Doing a straight search/replace for repetitive text is helpful, but I still have more than a thousance titles that have sequence numbers in them still.

when there is/was a hyphen in the title, I was able to figure out how to use a combination of /s-/s and then just as many periods as it took to get the rest (either in front of or behind the hyphen). Trying any combination of that method without a hyphen just means that characters in front of or behind each space get removed... which isn't going to do.

Would you mind terribly helping a girl out?
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #22
Adoby
Handy Elephant

There is no easy solution, and no one easy regexp that can fix all your books. You will most likely need to group your books, based on naming standard used, and handle each group separately. And books that you can't group like this will most likely have to be fixed manually. One easy way to group is to hold down Ctrl and select each book. Or shift to select sequences of books. Another way is to do a search. Perhaps using a regexp. Or just sort on publisher or some other field to find groups of books that use the same naming standard.

I am afraid that you will have to be a little more specific with the details to get a more useful answer. Otherwise you may not get more than just suggestions to read a book about regexps and/or to read the relevant sections of the manuals for calibre and python.

Also you may get more and better help if you start a separate threads for your problems, and use good titles for the threads.

To get a really good answer, you usually have to ask a really good question...
Old 08-22-2013, 03:20 AM   #23
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you. I have been doing grouping all over the place (very useful tool).

ok, same question, more clearly asked:

For titles with sequences either at the beginning, or the end (middle I imagine is a more difficult question?)

Ie.
discworld series with titles under the following format

(2 digit sequence) (title)
or
(title) (2 digit sequence)

where there are no parenthesis nor hyphens or other indicator other than a simple space to separate the numerical data from the alpha of the title

I am kind of hoping that in regular expressions, there is a corollary to the boolean operator "#" which is used to refer to numbers
Old 08-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #24
Adoby
Handy Elephant

\d match a digit

So \d\d will match a 2 digit sequence.

Or more general, \d+ will match any sequence of digits 1 or more long, just as .+ will match any sequence of characters, 1 long or longer.

Start of line can be matched using ^
End of line can be matched using $

You can match titles starting with digits like this:

^\d+.+$

And titles with digits in the middle like this:

^.+\d+.+$

By grouping the matches using parentheses you can do search and replace using the separate parts. Usually it is not necessary to use ^ and $, but sometimes it is. You have to test and see. And make sure you have a backup of your calibre library, and know how to restore it. There is NO UNDO if you make errors. But on the other hand there is a helpful test feature in calibre so you can test the regexp search and replace before you actually do it.

For instance:

Series 32 Title
(.+)(\d+)(.+)
Here group \1 will be "Series ", group \2 will be "32" and group \3 will be " Title".

Or

123 Title
(\d+)(.+)
\1="123", \2=" Title".

Title 456
(.+)(\d+)
\1="Title ", \2="456"

Most likely you would also like to match spaces, \s, outside the groups, like this:

Series 89 Title
(.+)\s(\d+)\s(.+)
\1="Series", \2="89", \3="Title" (Note that the spaces before and after the digits no longer are included in \1 and \3.)

To remove the digits from the beginning of a title yo can do this:

12 Title
Search title for ^(\d+)\s(.+) and replace title with \2.

Read more here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/regexp.html

Last edited by Adoby; 08-22-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Replaced / with \
Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #25
Merischino
Groupie

Adoby, you are awesome. That's working perfectly!!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #26
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
removing to post in a newer thread

Last edited by crissman; 09-22-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: removing to post in a newer thread
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #27
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Rob557,

The Quarantine And Scrub add-on/plug-in does exactly what you are asking about, among many other things. It has a "Series Deriver" as part of its Book Level Scrubbing job, and also removes Series Name and Index from the Author and Title. It also deletes any Tag that is a Series Name.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #28
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
@Rob557,

The Quarantine And Scrub add-on/plug-in does exactly what you are asking about, among many other things. It has a "Series Deriver" as part of its Book Level Scrubbing job, and also removes Series Name and Index from the Author and Title. It also deletes any Tag that is a Series Name.

DaltonST
Thanks I just installed it and will take a look at it, thanks for the info

crissman
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #29
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
I've been trying to do the same thing for the last two days but I cant seem to get it to work. I have a load of Titles with Series info in the Title column that I want to move to the Series.

How do I stop it matching books 1,2,5 & 6 below so I'm just left with the series info that I want to append to the Series column? Or am I going about this wrong? Thanks.

Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:06 AM   #30
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
I've been trying to do the same thing for the last two days but I cant seem to get it to work. I have a load of Titles with Series info in the Title column that I want to move to the Series.

How do I stop it matching books 1,2,5 & 6 below so I'm just left with the series info that I want to append to the Series column?
Use search to select the books you want to operate upon before doing the bulk edit.
Quote:
Or am I going about this wrong? Thanks.
You are likely to be unhappy with the results because you will lose the series index. The way you are doing it will assign "Unseen 3" to the series and leave the series index at the default. You need to extend your regexp to match the series name and the series number separately then assign the results to the series field using something like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	306
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	132207  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote