Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
darkcast
darkcast began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile Ebook to Kindle Problem

Hi,

Let me first start by saying great software and awesome forum.
well with that been said Im having problems with calibre.
the problem im having is that when i convert a pdf to mobi or epub
it does not detect the chapters and it also eliminate most of the images
Im a supposed to change a setting or im i doing anything wrong ?
Please let me know

Thanks in advance :P
darkcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct subforum.

For chapter detection, you'll need to change the chapter detection XPath expression to something fitting your book. See this tutorial for help.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's worth noting, however, that PDF conversions rarely work well. PDF is not an ebook format, and the resulting file will generally need manual editing to make it readable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcast View Post
Let me first start by saying great software and awesome forum.
well with that been said Im having problems with calibre.
the problem im having is that when i convert a pdf to mobi or epub
it does not detect the chapters and it also eliminate most of the images
Im a supposed to change a setting or im i doing anything wrong ?
Please let me know
Welcome to Mobileread.

I have two items as a new user that you should know.

1. Most forums (certainly all of calibre's forums) have Sticky posts at the top. These posts are here to help users that might have questions. One sticky post at the top of this forum is "Read this before Posting PDF Questions." Reading this sticky post might shed some light on your problem.

2. There is no need to include hard line returns in your post. The words will automatically line wrap for the viewer. Placing hard returns screws up the layout when folks view your post at different resolutions or font size. If you find the forum posts going too far to the right for your screen go to the bottom of the forum and change it from fixed to liquid.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-19-2011 at 03:01 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote