Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
Broken Stylus prs 350

ARGH... the stylus broke ... I hardly used the darn stylus and can't imagine why it broken.
The portion above the metalic barrel.. where the top plastic pieces screws in..

Annoying..I called Sony Cust Serivce a replacement will be here in 10 days..

So the thing is my prs 600 had a much more durable stylus.. oh well..
Glad the new prs 350 screen doesn't really require a staus.
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
andre66
andre66 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 350
Looking at my 350 stylus i get the impression a breadstick may actually be stronger.
Andre
andre66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre66 View Post
Looking at my 350 stylus i get the impression a breadstick may actually be stronger.
Andre
your mileage may very based upon age of said breadstick.

I do miss the old metal one from my 700. It doesnt fit in the new reader holes
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Someone said she was using a Nintendo DS Lite stylus with her 350. I just tried it and it's too wide for the silo. Anyone know of another stylus that'll fit?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Someone said she was using a Nintendo DS Lite stylus with her 350. I just tried it and it's too wide for the silo. Anyone know of another stylus that'll fit?
If being able to fit the stylus in the ereader is not a key issue, one option you can try is a stylus refill for a Cross-type pen. I'm a long-time PDA user and I got fed up with the stylus that came with my PDA (it far too short and thin for my hand).

My solution was to purchase a stylus refill (it was available at my local office supply store then, and they are available on line now). I bought a standard Cross-type pen, removed the ink refill, and replaced it with the stylus refill. It's the best stylus I've found.

It has several advantages:

- It's the same size as a standard pen, and handles just like a regular pen.
- You can retract the stylus tip when it's not in use, protecting it from damage.
- While it may not fit in your ereader, you can carry it in your pocket just like any other pen. I carry mine in my shirt pocket when I'm not using it.

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
What a great idea! I've made note of it for future use. K on the way.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
nieperdragon
nieperdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
10 day wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuongpham View Post
ARGH... the stylus broke ... I hardly used the darn stylus and can't imagine why it broken.
The portion above the metalic barrel.. where the top plastic pieces screws in..

Annoying..I called Sony Cust Serivce a replacement will be here in 10 days..

So the thing is my prs 600 had a much more durable stylus.. oh well..
Glad the new prs 350 screen doesn't really require a staus.
10 day wait. Lucky you!

I contact their tech support by email and they told me to take it back to the shop, or send it into a Sony Service Centre. For a broken stylus! Crazy.

Anyway. I mailed them back and said if I had to take it back I'd be asking for a refund so that I can purchase a different brand where the customer support is up to scratch.

Probably won't make any difference but I'm fed up with this kind of silliness.
I mean I can't even buy a proper replacement, and it's a dead cert any new stylus will also end up broken unless I don't use it at all!
nieperdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
For grins and giggles I tried using a Q-Tip as a stylus...and it works just fine. I don't think I'll ever use one in public, but it's a viable option for around the house.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #9
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
For grins and giggles I tried using a Q-Tip as a stylus...and it works just fine. I don't think I'll ever use one in public, but it's a viable option for around the house.
How cool! This brings to mind so many possibilities ... dyeing them various colors, painting the sticks ... ooh, lots of fun!
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
What do you use to clean the ear wax off the screen with?

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:13 AM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
What do you use to clean the ear wax off the screen with?

Joe
K for you for making me laugh out loud this morning
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #12
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Does the eraser tip of a pencil work? Or something similar?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #13
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Eraser tip of a pencil does work but it leaves marks on the screen. They are easily cleaned by a microfiber cloth.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
1drey
1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold

Device: Sony PRS-505 PB360 Opus Sony PRS-350
Damn, I just broke my stylus (350) too.
And I was aware about it's weak construction!

Seems that it is a Sony fail in design

Is there any chance to make Sony produce more durable stylus for our reader?

Can't say that I used it very often, but sometimes it was very handy. And besides... this empty hole looks ugly, like a dented tooth.

Did anybody master to find replacement stilus for a reasonable price?
1drey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Can someone post a picture? I'm curios how exactly did it break.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote