Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2023, 12:34 AM   #46
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Do either of you have Wi-Fi syncing turned on? Some people have noticed that their Kobos gets stuck in syncing while in sleep. I had that problem, and my battery was constantly being drained, even daily. I ended up full factory resetting my kobo, then setting it all back up again from scratch. It’s always a pain to do that, but the end result was that I no longer had battery draining sync issues while it m was asleep. In fact, syncing has improved immensely.
Cootey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:57 AM   #47
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardman View Post
Wife claims it has to be because I have way more books on mine (it's about 2/3 full) but I don't buy that because that's just storage which I wouldn't think drains a battery.
That's probably it. When you add books to your reader it generates cover images, extracts the book description etc. of all added books.
This is a background task and can take a quite some time when you've added many books at once. However, this background tasks might abort occasionally for unknown reasons (reasons I don't know or can force or reproduce). Hit or miss.

When the ereader is connected to an external power source (usb cable) during this background task, this process will be significantly faster and significantly reduce the chance of premature interruption.

Connect your reader to a power outlet with a usb cable and go to "My books" and slowly scroll through all the pages. Do not go to the next page until all book covers have been generated. I assume that all necessary parts will have been extracted by then. Including the book description and all book covers with different sizes for the library (My Books) and Front page.

Edit: P.S. Probably applies to all Kobo ereaders. I've had this issue with the Kobo Glo, Glo HD, and Libra2. I do not own a Clara HD.

Last edited by Anak; 02-01-2023 at 08:08 AM. Reason: added: applies to (all?) Kobo readers
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 05:12 PM   #48
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
That's probably it. When you add books to your reader it generates cover images, extracts the book description etc. of all added books.
This is a background task and can take a quite some time when you've added many books at once. However, this background tasks might abort occasionally for unknown reasons (reasons I don't know or can force or reproduce). Hit or miss.

When the ereader is connected to an external power source (usb cable) during this background task, this process will be significantly faster and significantly reduce the chance of premature interruption.

Connect your reader to a power outlet with a usb cable and go to "My books" and slowly scroll through all the pages. Do not go to the next page until all book covers have been generated. I assume that all necessary parts will have been extracted by then. Including the book description and all book covers with different sizes for the library (My Books) and Front page.

Edit: P.S. Probably applies to all Kobo ereaders. I've had this issue with the Kobo Glo, Glo HD, and Libra2. I do not own a Clara HD.

That's a great suggestion. When I load books up on my Kobo, I manually scroll page by page until all the thumbnails are loaded. I don't even think about it anymore, though I do wish they'd load on their own.

Another thing came to mind. Sometimes one corrupt ePub could be causing issues. The only way to find out which one is to remove all the side-loaded books, then add them back in small batches until you encounter problems again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 09:12 PM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As an easier suggestion, install the KoboUtilities plugin for calibre. Select all the books you're recently sent to your Kobo and click on Upload covers for Selected Books in the KoboUtilities drop down menu. One and done.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 03:02 AM   #50
dem1980fr
Enthusiast
dem1980fr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboSteve View Post
Hi all. I'm late to this thread but stumbled across it when I started Googling my issues.

My Kobo Clara HD loses about 30% battery per day when in Sleep mode. However, it holds battery well when Off or when simply left Awake, open on a page....

I believe I've tried all the advice in this thread (including Factory and Manual resets, removing the sleep cover, turning off Wifi and Auto Sync, etc.).

So essentially the battery is great EXCEPT when I put it to sleep.

Thoughts?
Hello, do you use a cover ?
I had the problem when i'm using a cover with a magnet that could make the Kobo enter in sleep mode when it was closed.
I turn off the option to enter in sleep mode when the lid is closed, but the battery still goes down fastly when the device is in sleep mode.
I remove the magnet from the cover and now the battery seems to be longer.
dem1980fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 01:49 AM   #51
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
FWIW when I had this issue, I fixed it with a hard reset.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 12:32 PM   #52
Frantick34
Frantick34 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara hd kobo aura e2
Hi Kobo clara battery drains quickly after 50% left like in 2-3 days. Battery replacement can help to solve this problem?
Frantick34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 01:26 PM   #53
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
A bad book can drain battery. I convert everything to mobi then back to epub. That almost always removes gremlins.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery drain, kobo clara hd